1947-Invasion of Nazi Europe (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

Trick37_MatrixForum -> 1947-Invasion of Nazi Europe (2/3/2012 2:11:54 PM)

So, I've been playing the Allied side on the above-stated game, and I'm on turn 49. I currently control Spain, France, Northern Italy, Denmark and most of Germany. However, I'm not going to be able to sustain this attack and my lines because I do not receive reconstituted units.....although I can see that the Axis side does indeed receive reconstituted units.

Where's the disconnect? I know this is an incomplete scenario, so is there an update to it out there to where I'll get the units back?

Thanks.

shunwick -> RE: 1947-Invasion of Nazi Europe (2/3/2012 6:46:32 PM)

Trick37,

The update to this scenario is Europa 1947. Version 3.3 is the last one at half week turns and the latest available is version 5 at full week turns with Silvanski playtesting version 5.5 at the moment.

In Piero's original, Greater Reich-First Army-15th Fortezza was not deployed. That is why TOAW 3 regards it as incomplete but it should not be any particular problem. You must be careful with your troops. Most of the aliied units will not reconstitute. Many of the Axs units also don't reconstitute but a lot of them do.

In Europa 1947 most Aliied ground units will reconstitute. Airbourne troops will not though.

You may well have fought yourself to a disaster. Sorry I cannot be of further assistance.

Best wishes,
Steve

Trick37_MatrixForum -> RE: 1947-Invasion of Nazi Europe (2/3/2012 7:00:21 PM)

Thanks for the info. The one mistake that I made was going into Denmark as a northern approach, not knowing that there are NO supply points throughout Denmark unless something like Hamburg is taken. Doesn't make sense at all. I also don't understand why units won't reconstitute, as the Allies and even the Axis would have more men that they would be training to deploy. Correct? There doesn't seem to be a problem with all of the Spanish forces reconstituting, and even in Italy and Austria to boot.

And you're right, I may have put myself into a pickle. It's the way it goes, I guess. I may have to re-play this one. (And I'm playing the 1-week turn version. Maybe I'll try the half-week version next.)

shunwick -> RE: 1947-Invasion of Nazi Europe (2/3/2012 10:46:00 PM)

Trick 37,

The only person who could give you a definite answer to the reconsititution issue would be the designer. Having said that, I suspect that it was used as way of balancing the scenario. But that's a guess.

Europa 1947 is a completely remodelled mod by Silvanski - modernized and brought up to TOAW III 3.2 standard. The half week version is a 300 turn scenario and pretty much maxed out on the number of units - 1999 if I remember correctly. It is certainly fun to play but it is B I G time per turn and time per game investment. Worth it though.

Best wishes,
Steve

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI