Capello Gone!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

warspite1 -> Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 9:24:26 PM)

Well, there's a turn up for the books - Don Fabio has resigned!! Who takes England to the Euros now?? [X(][X(]

Hanal -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 9:29:29 PM)

This all could have been avoided if John Terry manned up and voluntarily give up the captaincy considering all of the problems he had created....he has become a cancer to the English Squad.....

warspite1 -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 9:32:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

This all could have been avoided if John Terry manned up and voluntarily give up the captaincy considering all of the problems he had created....he has become a cancer to the English Squad.....
Warspite1

Yep fair comment - but John Terry only thinks about himself. Can you imagine taking such a dvided squad to a major championships - one lot siding with Terry and the other with Ferdinand (if he's picked). That sort of in-fighting thing is usually the preserve of the Dutch.

Orm -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 9:36:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Well, there's a turn up for the books - Don Fabio has resigned!! Who takes England to the Euros now?? [X(][X(]

Does it really matter? You will hire a good trainer for a small fortune and he will make the English players play above their skill level and England will be knocked out in the quarter finals and you will find a reason to sack him because England didn't win the tournament.

I do not think England will win a football tournament untill the English realize that there are actually other teams that has players that are as skilled. English overconfidence on and around the football field borders on the legendary.

warspite1 -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 9:40:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Does it really matter? You will hire a good trainer for a small fortune and he will make the English players play above their skill level and England will be knocked out in the quarter finals and you will find a reason to sack him because England didn't win the tournament.

I do not think England will win a football tournament untill the English realize that there are actually other teams that has players that are as skilled. English overconfidence on and around the football field borders on the legendary.
Warspite1

Orm I must disagree. The English - and certainly their supporters - may have had that feeling for about 20 years or so after we won the World Cup, but I think reality has hit firmly home and then some in the intervening years. No we do not believe we are in any way as skilful or technical as (many) other countries. And yes a quarter final place in the euros is about as good as it gets....

BTW I cannot see us going for a foreign coach this time around - unless by some miracle we could get "The Special One".

Orm -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 9:43:11 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Orm I must disagree. The English - and certainly their supporters - may have had that feeling for about 20 years or so after we won the World Cup, but I think reality has hit firmly home and then some in the intervening years. No we do not believe we are in any way as skilful or technical as (many) other countries. And yes a quarter final place in the euros is about as good as it gets....

BTW I cannot see us going for a foreign coach this time around - unless by some miracle we could get "The Special One".

Yes. You are right. I should have mentioned that is how the English press behave.

Edit: At least the press that gets noticed over here.

Hanal -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 9:45:05 PM)

I might be booed out of the room, but I have always liked Stuart Pearce...I think he should be given a fair shot....

Orm -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 9:46:09 PM)

If, however, England got all things right and play as a team England do have the potential to beat all other teams and be the tournament winners.

warspite1 -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 9:51:51 PM)

quote:

I might be booed out of the room, but I have always liked Stuart Pearce...I think he should be given a fair shot....
Warspite1

The jury is out on him as a manager (may be a little too early for him) but as a player? Everyone loved Psycho - who can forget when he scored the penalty against Spain in Euro 96, banishing to memory the miss at Italia 90 [:(]

Would be interesting having him work with 'Arry.

warspite1 -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 9:55:04 PM)

quote:

If, however, England got all things right and play as a team England do have the potential to beat all other teams and be the tournament winners.
Warspite1

Sure - football is a funny game and could England win a tournament? Yes of course. But there is so much pressure, caused by the stupid press.

I am sure you will know the answer better than me, but I think I am right in saying that if Sweden had won their World Cup in 58 (and not come second to Brazil) / or we had come second to Germany in 1966, Sweden's World Cup record would be better than England's.

Orm -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 10:01:06 PM)

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Sure - football is a funny game and could England win a tournament? Yes of course. But there is so much pressure, caused by the stupid press.

I am sure you will know the answer better than me, but I think I am right in saying that if Sweden had won their World Cup in 58 (and not come second to Brazil) / or we had come second to Germany in 1966, Sweden's World Cup record would be better than England's.

All that I know is that Sweden need to play as a team as well if we ever are going to have a go at a title. And that we need to be able to stop others from bribing the referee. I am still bitter about the 94 World Cup.

parusski -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 10:18:08 PM)

quote:

[image]local://upfiles/191/B15588AEA45D486C8C09B9E1F35D9B3E.jpg[/image]

Dennistoun -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 10:21:05 PM)

quote:

I agree JP! Psycho could be a good bet. He's young, passionate and English - which for me is important. He'll have a great, talented squad of players and could well be a stepping stone towards the top 6 PL clubs in the future.

Dixie -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 10:26:05 PM)

quote:

Hardly a surprise. The press must be ecstatic, they've been pushing for him to go for a while despite him being the most successful manager we've had lately (in terms of matches won). [8|] A more sensible question would be who is stupid enough to take the job? After the initial euphoria of taking over they have until the next world cup before they too are deemed unworthy....

wodin -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 10:29:18 PM)

On the one hand I'm mad eup, on the other I despair. If Harry leaves Spurs for England I cry into my cornflakes, every day for a month.

Dixie -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 10:31:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Yep fair comment - but John Terry only thinks about himself. Can you imagine taking such a dvided squad to a major championships - one lot siding with Terry and the other with Ferdinand (if he's picked). That sort of in-fighting thing is usually the preserve of the Dutch.

For what it's worth:

I don't like the man, he seems to be a fairly unpleasant individual but I've never met him so I could be wrong. He should have done the decent thing and stepped down, but Fabio should at least have been consulted over the decision to strip the captaincy from JT. Not least because (IMO) removing him from the captain's role is in effect deciding he is guilty of the charges against him before the hearing. Surely the central element of our justice system is innocent until proven guilty?
Odd that the same press that were demanding John Terry lose his captain's role due to the alegations were (for the most part) the same ones who were demanding that Harry Redknapp be the next England manager despite him being in court.

Also, JT should not have been in the squad let alone the captain following his press conference in South Africa.

Dixie -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 10:36:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: teddy

quote:

I agree JP! Psycho could be a good bet. He's young, passionate and English - which for me is important. He'll have a great, talented squad of players and could well be a stepping stone towards the top 6 PL clubs in the future.

I like Stuart Pearce, but being English and passionate isn't enough to win World Cups. Else we'd be some sort of super team [:D] As for his players, I suspect that they'll fall foul of the usual build up before they fall short of the expectations heaped on their shoulders.

Too often we see the press criticise the current squad for falling short and failing to cope with the expectations of an unrealistic nation. They'll call for youngsters like Wilshere and Hart et al to be given their chance to shine free of the burden of failure that surrounds the current squad, failing to see (or not caring) that they are piling the same expectations on a new generation.

Dennistoun -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 10:43:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

[

I like Stuart Pearce, but being English and passionate isn't enough to win World Cups.

You must admit, it must have been enough in '66.

Dixie -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 10:49:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: teddy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

[

I like Stuart Pearce, but being English and passionate isn't enough to win World Cups.

You must admit, it must have been enough in '66.

1966 is the year that buggered everything up [:D] If it wwasn't for that lot then England could be happy in their mediocrity [;)]

british exil -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/8/2012 11:24:20 PM)

This is definetly bad news.
Living over here in Germany every 2 years it does tend to be very difficult as a England Supporter. The World Cup in Germany was really bad. Work collegues tend to make life harder after England botch up another campaign.

But now one of the best trainers/managers leaving because of troubles in the team, we're nearly as bad as the French.

I fear a bad Euro 2012!!!!

Warspite please keep us exiles informed.

Mat

wodin -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/9/2012 1:36:45 AM)

I thought Capello was useless, he never had the confidence of the team, which was very apparent in the last World Cup. It was mentioned but it appeared they where quickly told to keep their mouths shut. Most like because they had given him a 12 million contract that had to be paid even if he was sacked!

warspite1 -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/9/2012 4:53:17 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

All that I know is that Sweden need to play as a team as well if we ever are going to have a go at a title. And that we need to be able to stop others from bribing the referee. I am still bitter about the 94 World Cup.
Warspite1

Yes, just looked it up - we have been in 13 finals to Sweden's 11, but apart from the one final appearance each, Sweden have finished 3rd twice, while we have just one 4th place finish....

I have never heard anything about bribery at the 94 World Cup - tell me more.

warspite1 -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/9/2012 5:04:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

On the one hand I'm mad eup, on the other I despair. If Harry leaves Spurs for England I cry into my cornflakes, every day for a month.
Warspite1

Yep - I cannot see "Arry turning down the chance to manage his country - and I couldn't blame him.

Who do we get instead? This is one of the most important decisions in the history of the club; absolutely vital. All the hard work of the last three years can be either built on or wiped out. It needs to be a big name with a known and successful pedigree to attract top players and, just as important, keep Bale and Modric.

Knowing Tottenham's legendary ability to muck it up, I fear for the future....but hey that's what you get for supporting Spurs....[&:]

warspite1 -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/9/2012 5:07:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

Living over here in Germany every 2 years it does tend to be very difficult as a England Supporter. The World Cup in Germany was really bad. Work collegues tend to make life harder after England botch up another campaign.

But now one of the best trainers/managers leaving because of troubles in the team, we're nearly as bad as the French.

Mat
Warspite1

Potential disaster [X(] Sky Sports says that Rafa Benitez is interested in the job.....Now that really would be dire.

Hanal -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/9/2012 5:18:28 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

Mat
Warspite1

Potential disaster [X(] Sky Sports says that Rafa Benitez is interested in the job.....Now that really would be dire.

Oh man..Liverpool fans would "love" seeing him on English soil again....[;)]

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/9/2012 5:31:57 AM)

Was he in trouble for saying the C word? If not I don't see the problem with what he said and I fear for your nation of thought laws. You all are clearly lost. I am probably right to assume that the laws are never perused when the victim is white, much like hate crime laws here (which should be against the constitution in itself).

Sad to think that someone can be prosecuted for what they say. Very scary. Who determines which speech is acceptable? England is surely lost.

terje439 -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/9/2012 7:28:33 AM)

I hope they find someone that let them play as England and do not try to make them play as "Brazil light". I must admit I was a bigger fan of the England national side when they played physical football (for some reason this was back when the players would drink a pub dry before practice...).
As to England winning the WC or EC, I think they need to find another Alan Shearer. Rooney is not good enough in my book, and you need a superb striker.

As to WHO would be a good choice for manager... Maybe King Kenny, Harry Redknapp or Sir Alex (if anyone can make out what he says).

If they want a cheaper option, I have multiple successes with Liverpool on CM/FM, and would not demand more than a million £ a year [:D]

Terje

warspite1 -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/9/2012 8:30:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Was he in trouble for saying the C word? If not I don't see the problem with what he said and I fear for your nation of thought laws. You all are clearly lost. I am probably right to assume that the laws are never perused when the victim is white, much like hate crime laws here (which should be against the constitution in itself).

Sad to think that someone can be prosecuted for what they say. Very scary. Who determines which speech is acceptable? England is surely lost.
Warspite1

Capello resigned because he thought his authority had been undermined i.e. his choice of captain was sacked by the FA before he had been convicted of anything.

As far as what Terry is supposed to have done, yes, there are some high profile cases of double standards - one in particular recently that I cannot repeat because I will probably kill someone in anger while writing - HOWEVER, two wrongs do not make a right and what Terry is alleged to have done is totally and utterly unacceptable.

The FA has made great strides in combating racism in football, we really do not need to go back to the old days......

sapper32 -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/9/2012 9:14:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

I hope they find someone that let them play as England and do not try to make them play as "Brazil light". I must admit I was a bigger fan of the England national side when they played physical football (for some reason this was back when the players would drink a pub dry before practice...).
As to England winning the WC or EC, I think they need to find another Alan Shearer. Rooney is not good enough in my book, and you need a superb striker.

As to WHO would be a good choice for manager... Maybe King Kenny, Harry Redknapp or Sir Alex (if anyone can make out what he says).

If they want a cheaper option, I have multiple successes with Liverpool on CM/FM, and would not demand more than a million £ a year [:D]

Terje

Mmmm King Kenny who paid £35 million for carrol,Sir Alex the jocks would love that, no its got to be Harry for me.

british exil -> RE: Capello Gone!! (2/9/2012 9:25:32 PM)

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2012/press-conference-09-02-12.aspx

Is this good news? Or bad?

Don't get much of the rumours over here on the continent. If Germany play a bad game and get a draw as a result then the "fans" go crazy demanding a new trainer. Well they are not that bad. But if they dont win a WC or EC then they feel they were cheated.

So last night hearing that Capello is no longer the head of the England Team really wreacked my day today.

Mat

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI