Units not with drawing. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

Peltonx -> Units not with drawing. (2/13/2012 1:18:16 AM)

This is happening in more then one game. A unit should be gone but is still on map frozen.

the 269 should have withdrawn on turn 75 and its turn 80 and its still on the map as are the LW units.

[image]local://upfiles/20387/346ACCEA5187499898283831656E643F.jpg[/image]

Peltonx -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/13/2012 1:20:26 AM)

[image]local://upfiles/20387/D6504ED43A234C86AD4CF549FFD416B7.jpg[/image]

JAMiAM -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/13/2012 1:22:37 AM)

If these units were under the 75% TOE limit, when the withdrawal turn arrives, they are moved to the map edge and placed on refit until they are strong enough to be withdrawn. This is per design.

Peltonx -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/13/2012 1:22:56 AM)

The really crappy part is the units are receiving replacements.

Turn 76 10kish men turn 80 15kish

Pelton

[image]local://upfiles/20387/44ADD6F6C08147CBBA067D0F906EBB40.jpg[/image]

Peltonx -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/13/2012 1:24:50 AM)

I have never seen this most times the go to edge then are removed the following turn,

269 should have been withdraw turn 75, its turn 80.

I am sure 2by3 will figure it out.

michaelm75au -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/13/2012 1:57:13 AM)

Doesn't the withdrawing unit need to build up it's (??) strength before it will leave the map.

Otherwise, you could use all the withdrawing units in suicide attacks without regard as your going to lose them anyway.

Appropriate section from manual: 18.4.1
18.4.1. Withdrawing Units Requirements and Restrictions
Units scheduled to be withdrawn cannot be disbanded or merged. Units in static mode scheduled to withdraw will automatically reactivate in the same logistics phase as they are withdrawn, expending admin points as for a normal reactivation. This reactivation may cause the number of available admin points to go to zero, though they will never fall below zero. When an on-map Axis unit is withdrawn, if it does not have at least 75 percent of its TOE, it is placed on the westernmost city that has space for it with a maximum TOE setting of 100 percent, and then
set to frozen status for 250 turns. Once the unit reaches 75 percent TOE, it will be removed from the map. When a unit is in Withdrawal mode in the turns just before it withdraws, it is treated as if it is in refit mode. Support units scheduled to withdraw are removed immediately on their withdrawal date, regardless of their current TOE. If an on-map unit slated for withdrawal is completely destroyed before its withdrawal date it will be returned to the map as a nearly empty unit and sit at frozen 250 until it rebuilds to at least 75 percent TOE.
As an exception to the above, in small scenarios that only include a portion of the total map area, units will be withdrawn off the map even if their TOE is less than 75 percent.

Peltonx -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/13/2012 3:31:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Doesn't the withdrawing unit need to build up it's (??) strength before it will leave the map.

Otherwise, you could use all the withdrawing units in suicide attacks without regard as your going to lose them anyway.

Appropriate section from manual: 18.4.1
18.4.1. Withdrawing Units Requirements and Restrictions
Units scheduled to be withdrawn cannot be disbanded or merged. Units in static mode scheduled to withdraw will automatically reactivate in the same logistics phase as they are withdrawn, expending admin points as for a normal reactivation. This reactivation may cause the number of available admin points to go to zero, though they will never fall below zero. When an on-map Axis unit is withdrawn, if it does not have at least 75 percent of its TOE, it is placed on the westernmost city that has space for it with a maximum TOE setting of 100 percent, and then
set to frozen status for 250 turns. Once the unit reaches 75 percent TOE, it will be removed from the map. When a unit is in Withdrawal mode in the turns just before it withdraws, it is treated as if it is in refit mode. Support units scheduled to withdraw are removed immediately on their withdrawal date, regardless of their current TOE. If an on-map unit slated for withdrawal is completely destroyed before its withdrawal date it will be returned to the map as a nearly empty unit and sit at frozen 250 until it rebuilds to at least 75 percent TOE.
As an exception to the above, in small scenarios that only include a portion of the total map area, units will be withdrawn off the map even if their TOE is less than 75 percent.

That is probably it.

I am guessing as I never saw it before it was not working as designed, but is now.

Denniss -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/13/2012 4:26:49 AM)

In my testgame it's the 10th Panzer division on a withdrawing <-> refit spin. It doesn't get above 65% TOE. I just loaded turn 44, on turn before the withdrawal notice and 6 turns before scheduled withdrawal and I noticed I had set it to max TOE of 50. Maybe this status is not properly cleared in withdrawal mode.

BTW the screenshot shows the mysterious empty equipment slot a unit with a certain TOE gets on Refit - the TOE has a slot without equipment specified but with a capacity set.

Peltonx -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/13/2012 2:52:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

In my testgame it's the 10th Panzer division on a withdrawing <-> refit spin. It doesn't get above 65% TOE. I just loaded turn 44, on turn before the withdrawal notice and 6 turns before scheduled withdrawal and I noticed I had set it to max TOE of 50. Maybe this status is not properly cleared in withdrawal mode.

BTW the screenshot shows the mysterious empty equipment slot a unit with a certain TOE gets on Refit - the TOE has a slot without equipment specified but with a capacity set.

Hmm intersting points, I did not see the mysterious 0 unit.

Mybee this is a bug as it clearly was not happening before 1.06.

Helpless -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/13/2012 3:59:47 PM)

Withdrawing units don't set maxToe correctly. I have fixed it. The only workaround till we post a fix is to set withdrawing units to 100 max toe the turn prior the withdrawals.

juret -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/14/2012 12:03:37 AM)

when having many withrawing units they suck alot of refitting power. In my game i am low on stugs and arty and divisions stand 4-5-6 turns to get above 75% in all parts. this means they suck alot of riflesquads,hiwis and pioneers from the frontline from new production who leaves game anyway.

Shouldnt withrawing units stop refitting aboove 75% in toe parts ?

Joel Billings -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/14/2012 12:24:22 AM)

No, they are intended to attempt to reach 100, but will depart once they reach 75 or more.

Peltonx -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/14/2012 12:46:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

Withdrawing units don't set maxToe correctly. I have fixed it. The only workaround till we post a fix is to set withdrawing units to 100 max toe the turn prior the withdrawals.

That was fast nice job.

Denniss -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/14/2012 1:42:25 AM)

Yes - my 10th Panzer is gone now. Although I didn't like the part were it sucked full replacements first.
I wish I could have swapped the shiny brand new tanks to older tanks first which are still wabbling around in my front line units.

Helpless -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/14/2012 5:49:42 AM)

quote:

Yes - my 10th Panzer is gone now. Although I didn't like the part were it sucked full replacements first.
I wish I could have swapped the shiny brand new tanks to older tanks first which are still wabbling around in my front line units.

You have control over it. Just place your withdrawing unit on refit in advance (1-2 turns) with appropriate maxTOE and it will get withdrawn without setting on 100%.

2ndACR -> RE: Units not with drawing. (2/14/2012 8:04:38 AM)

Another reason I would love to be able to swap tanks around. Would rather a withdrawing Panzer Div give up it's top of the line equipment for low grade/obsolete tanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI