RED HOT SCENARIO (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

M4 Jess Housley -> RED HOT SCENARIO (1/16/2001 6:45:00 PM)

_____THE SCHOOLHOUSE* > ___PONYRI, JULY 9, 1943 > ____Germany vs Soviet Union* > _______German Advance* > _________Turns: 15* > * > ____Designed by M4 Jess Housley** > _____jlh116@juno.com** > > Note: This scenario is a gift to Wild Bills Raiders as a special thanks > for allowing me to join such a great team ! It will only be posted here > for direct e-mail. Please e-mail me for a copy. > * > Play as either side.Turn Command & Control off.** > > Dawn, inside PONYRI, its about to get ugly:** > > It was a nondescript, strung-out little village but it was situated in > the KURSK salient and was destined to become the scene of the most > intense street fighting since STALINGRAD. ** > > The School, the Water-tower, the Tractor Station, the Railway Embankment, > and the Train Station become fiercely contested landmarks whose price in > blood was paid and repaid dozens of times in that fateful week. But now, > three days after gaining their initial foothold, the surrounding hills > 239.8 and 253.5 that had fallen to German assaults, the monstrous > Ferdinand assault guns rumbled into the village streets.** > > Many of the Ferdinands were soon immobilized by Anti-Tank guns firing at > their tracks and then dispatched by "anti-tank squads" with explosive > charges and petrol bombs. Nevertheless, the German attack gained 500 > costly yards only to prompt an immediate counterattack. ** > > So intense was the fighting that the opposing Battalion commanders both > fell within seconds at the forefront of thier respective forces while > exhorting thier men to take or retake the SCHOOLHOUSE.** > > After many assaults the Germans held the SCHOOLHOUSE but could not take > the all-important CROSSROADS.** > > After over a dozen such attacks, the Germans were forced to up the ante > and commit their last reserves in the form of the 10th Panzer-Grenadier > Division, nonetheless, PONYRI would remain the target of repeated Soviet > counterattacks including massed armor and even a saber-drawn cavalry > charge.** > > M4 Jess Housley jlh116@juno.com

Wild Bill -> (1/17/2001 8:16:00 AM)

I can feel the heat, M-4!...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

M4 Jess Housley -> (1/17/2001 10:03:00 AM)

BUMP TO THE TOP...15 downloads so far guys.. come get it.. M4

Bing -> (1/17/2001 12:27:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by M4 Jess Housley: BUMP TO THE TOP...15 downloads so far guys.. come get it.. M4
Would love to. Midnight here in Eastern Time Zone, still can't get in to Scenario Depot. Bing

Tankhead -> (1/17/2001 2:21:00 PM)

Hi Bing! If you looking for a few scenarios I have a lot of new scenarios at my site and so does Fabio. [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1

M4 Jess Housley -> (1/18/2001 8:24:00 AM)

bump... to the top... last bump.. 35 downloads and counting... Remember.. this wild fight will only be posted here at the forum M4

Panzer Capta -> (1/18/2001 10:40:00 AM)

Real nice one M4, thanks!!!!!!!

degen -> (1/21/2001 3:31:00 PM)

M4- Cool scenario! Was very surprised at the small map size and large number of units. I have not gotten very far yet, but this is a blood bath. Not much room for mistakes in this battle. For those of you who like tight urban battles, this is the scenario for you. ------------------ "I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

przy -> (1/21/2001 5:54:00 PM)

I was just curious as to where to find this scenerio. I do not know if I am just looking in the wrong places or what. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

M4 Jess Housley -> (1/22/2001 12:33:00 AM)

Thanks for the kind words guys! But alas, I have been informed that there were no Tigers at Ponyri, can you forgive a old warhorse for this small flaw.... M4

jonhooper -> (1/22/2001 4:48:00 AM)

M4, I'm really enjoying your scenario. The Ruskies are hanging pretty dang tough. I'm on turn four and have paused to rethink my strategy. Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI