Installation and Expansion Help? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Field of Glory Series

Grim.Reaper -> Installation and Expansion Help? (2/19/2012 2:58:56 PM)

Going to be reinstalling the game. Right now, only own the main game, no expansions. However, likely will pick one up here soon. I am confused with the patches and the order in which I need to install. Would the following be accurate?

1) Install Base Game
2) Install Latest Comprehensive Patch which I believe is 1.7.1
3) Then install expansions? Or do the expansions need to be installed prior to the major patch?

Thanks!

Grim.Reaper -> RE: Installation Help? (2/19/2012 3:14:48 PM)

Also, do all expansion packs come with the same additional features (I know battles/armies are different)? If so, what expansions are specifically needed to get those new features that weren't in the base game? As an example, in the past I had asked about FOW and never really received a clear response whether that is in all the expansions or just rise of rome.

IainMcNeil -> RE: Installation Help? (2/20/2012 10:42:22 AM)

Just patch the game to the latest version and then unlock the expansions with the game - don't use the expansion installers.

Grim.Reaper -> RE: Installation Help? (2/20/2012 11:46:10 AM)

Thanks for the feedback. Do you know the answer to my second part about if only certain features become available (i.e. lie FOW) with certain expansions?

IainMcNeil -> RE: Installation Help? (2/21/2012 1:22:45 PM)

There are some features like FoW that require an expansion, but not a specific expansion as far as I remember.

Tophat1815 -> RE: Installation Help? (3/14/2012 4:58:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Just patch the game to the latest version and then unlock the expansions with the game - don't use the expansion installers.

Ah,just bought the base game and the decline and fall expansion..so i shall install the base game then update and add the expansion through the game update process. Not using the separate installer for the expansion i am now about 60% done downloading......lol!

shrek -> RE: Installation Help? (12/18/2012 4:49:24 AM)

I just re-installed the game and patched to version 1.8.1.

I previously purchased ROR but can't find where I'm supposed to input the code # in order to unlock it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI