New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

Joel Billings -> New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (3/1/2012 2:23:12 AM)

Just a reminder to everyone that John's complete Editor Manual has been released with the 1.06.04 update. If you use the Editor or are interested in what the Editor can do, be sure to check out the new manual.

swkuh -> RE: New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (7/11/2012 1:44:19 PM)

Using 1.06.06 and have no clue about using Editor. Would like to create custom campaign scenarios. Seems I run out of "admin" points after a few changes, and would saving an Editor session overwrite primary files. Where woulod I find an Editor save when starting a new game?

Have fond memory of doing what I wanted in WIR (War in Russia.

Well, can anyone help me use this aspect of the package? Help appreciated.

Captain B -> RE: New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (9/20/2012 3:50:41 AM)

Try this:

Open an existing file in the editor

Hit the Big X on the admin screen (upper left) (#1)

This will take you to the main scenario files (#2).

VERY IMPORTANT: Save the file with a new name by clicking on the existing name (circled in Blue on #2). I chose to add v1 to the name. This keeps the original file intact and allows me to make changes (#3).

Verify that the file name changed (#4)

Go to the tabs and play around. Want to add some new divisions? Copy and paste on the units tab. Want to add more tanks to a Pz Division or a tank brigade, change the number ready. want to move support units, Change the HQ for that unit. this costs no admin points unless you do it on the map. Want to make your units start more combat ready, change experience or morale.

Don't mess with production though...and read the editor manual. It shows up on the main boot screen. it will help.

[image]local://upfiles/32700/8CE602BA61864F41B5EEE168B7799F37.jpg[/image]

Captain B -> RE: New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (9/20/2012 3:51:39 AM)

Oh and have fun. email me with ?'s

Denniss -> RE: New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (9/20/2012 7:44:23 AM)

Just another hint: If you want to change TOE/OB or aircraft/ground element data, you should lock generic data for this scenario. Without locking these changes are either not taken over or they overwrite the generic data used by all other scenarios/campaigns.

If you lock generic data, you still have an option to move these changes to generic data (if you want). In the bottom left enable any of the five data options and a new button "update generic data" appears. Using this button moves selected data to generic data.

swkuh -> RE: New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (9/20/2012 1:26:27 PM)

[&o] Thanks for comments and tips. (Almost missed your remarks, though.)

When possible, I'll give it a try. (Vacation starts today... well for a retired old fool, what's a vacation anyway?)

barrykimmerly -> RE: New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (7/11/2016 1:14:07 AM)

I am trying to modify a scenario but I have a problem. I can open the scenario, change the name, then save it... but then I can not open it with the editor or the game. I need to get past this hurdle before I invest effort into the changes. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

barrykimmerly -> RE: New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (7/19/2016 5:42:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: barrykimmerl

I am trying to modify a scenario but I have a problem. I can open the scenario, change the name, then save it... but then I can not open it with the editor or the game. I need to get past this hurdle before I invest effort into the changes. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the problem is fixed...

Aufklaerungs -> RE: New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (10/17/2017 10:20:55 PM)

Hi. Are you still taking editor questions?

Please explain adverse issues with editing production and population. I designed a couple of scenarios, and while test playing, noticed "missing population" advisories in the logistics report? Not sure how or why. What is the purpose of the population section in the logistics report (v. 1.06-1.11).

Thanks!

dgk196 -> RE: New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (7/10/2018 6:21:43 AM)

Hello...

Is there a full editor included in the game? Scenario, Map and such?

Dennis [&:]

Aufklaerungs -> RE: New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (7/10/2018 1:50:10 PM)

Editor is included; Not a full editor (eg, no mapedit), but comprehensive. Manual should still be available in the Manuals sub-directory for the game.

dgk196 -> RE: New Complete Editor Manual released in 1.06.04 update (7/10/2018 7:13:37 PM)

Hello...

Thanks much for your rapid response. For some reason or other I just couldn't suse-out if there was
a full map editor. Its discouraging, but its not the first game that doesn't have this feature, but you go with what you got, eh?

Dennis [&o]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI