Construction Ships on manual control (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room

theBarney -> Construction Ships on manual control (3/5/2012 3:18:59 AM)

I took control of one to build a gas mining base. But before it would do that it first returned to my home colony, which was darn far away. Why? Pick up supplies maybe? I only have one spaceport, at the home colony. Any help is appreciated!

feelotraveller -> RE: Construction Ships on manual control (3/5/2012 7:58:06 AM)

Yes.  Construction ships will pick up needed supplies (resources used to construct the base) at the spaceport nearest the build location if they do not already have them in their cargo bays.

Carewolf -> RE: Construction Ships on manual control (4/8/2012 10:19:24 AM)

Which is kind of unnecessary, since construction ships has docking bays so freighters can supply them.

Jake Hamilton -> RE: Construction Ships on manual control (4/26/2012 6:05:12 PM)

I have found in most cases that a construction ship almost always has to refuel before taking on a new project. It irritated me in the beginning to watch it haul off in another direction from where I wanted it to go. Now I just give the order and go do something else. Happy building! [:)] Jake

weblife -> RE: Construction Ships on manual control (4/27/2012 12:07:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jake Hamilton

I have found in most cases that a construction ship almost always has to refuel before taking on a new project. It irritated me in the beginning to watch it haul off in another direction from where I wanted it to go. Now I just give the order and go do something else. Happy building! [:)] Jake

Make sure to put Energy Collectors on your construction ships, when it is sitting still and building the passive energy use will eat your fuel.

Put enough on to cover the passive energy amount, you should observe less fuel use while it is building.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI