ASW range (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

goatan -> ASW range (3/8/2012 11:48:46 AM)

Using the tracker I have just noticed that when set to ASW the range that to planes patrol seems to be about half what they would do on Naval search. Is this correct or am I misunderstanding something.

eloso -> RE: ASW range (3/8/2012 12:03:36 PM)

Yes, it is correct, and it is how it works.

Alfred -> RE: ASW range (3/8/2012 8:30:34 PM)

OSO is correct. The relevant comments in the manual are found on page 151.

Alfred

jmalter -> RE: ASW range (3/9/2012 12:48:48 AM)

hi Alfred, recently you posted to a thread about search-radius, saying that the manual was correct in stating that an airgroup set to NavSearch/ASWpatrol would always search 360-degrees & 4 hexes out from its location. are you certain that this is true, or would the auto-search be restricted to half of that range when assigned to ASWpatrol?

Alfred -> RE: ASW range (3/9/2012 2:46:11 AM)

I've been trying to find a recent post from michaelm re the 4 hex range but have failed to retrieve it (not possible I could be mistaken agreed[:'(]). Instead there is this old post from Treespider from 2009

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2292012&mpage=1&key=search%2Cradius�

plenty of other posts from others on the 4 hex auto search but alas none of them are devs although they do make references to unsourced devs.

As to whether ASW would be halved to only 2 hexes auto, that I have no idea. I can't recall ever reading any posts about the auto search being halved for ASW mission but that doesn't mean it isn't so halved.

Alfred

jmalter -> RE: ASW range (3/9/2012 3:45:11 AM)

thx Alfred. i've been trying to get some info on this issue from my game, but since i'm testing w/ ship-based FPs, often prevented from flying by weather, i just haven't been able to get a handle on it yet.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI