UV Display (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

elpollodiablo -> UV Display (11/21/2002 12:45:44 AM)

For starters: Excellent game. I'm enjoying it thoroughly even though I am not (as the box suggests I be) a grognard. :)

My only problem/complaint is this:

The text on the various windows tends to run into each other no matter what resolution I have set.

E.g. An info screen regarding one of my bomber squadrons lists available planes like this:

Available plan5es:

Only the "5" is kind of superimposed on top of the "es" part of "planes." Make sense?

Anyway, it makes it very difficult to read and keep up with things. The Intelligence screen is fine, however, which means I can get info on operational stats etc. But info regarding base status is exceptionally difficult to read.

Any way to change the font or resize the windows. Or is this something being worked on in an upcoming patch? Or am I the only one experiencing this.

Also, I picked the game up at Fry's. Nice to see this getting pushed into mainstream markets.

Supervisor -> (11/21/2002 3:02:24 AM)

What version are you running, I thought this was fixed in some of the later patches. Run the live update to make sure you have the latest version.

elpollodiablo -> (11/21/2002 4:59:03 AM)

Running v2.0.

Just purchased yesterday. Ran autoupdater and patched. Ran again just to make sure.

It's not a game killer or anything--just a little hard on the eyes is all. :eek:

Paul Vebber -> (11/21/2002 5:00:46 AM)

Check to see if you have "crystal fonts" or the like turned on. Turning them off solved the problem for me, though I forget the exact place to go to look for that setting (I think its XP specific?)

Supervisor -> (11/21/2002 5:40:31 AM)

Paul if your refering to "clear type font's" this is how you access it. Right click on the desktop, select properties, then appearance, then effects. The second option down where it says use the following method to smooth effects of screen fonts. Change it to standard or unselect this method. See picture.

elpollodiablo -> I can SEE! (11/22/2002 1:47:53 AM)

Bingo, gentlemen.

Thanks for the help!

Supervisor -> (11/22/2002 3:15:45 AM)

Your welcome, glad we could help

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI