One of my all time favourites (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star

Redmarkus5 -> One of my all time favourites (3/26/2012 12:08:01 PM)

I highly recommend this title. While the UI takes a bit of getting used to, AP is an extremely immersive, visually appealing and realistic East Front WW2 game.

Every battle plays out differently and the AI is one of the best in this genre, particularly when it's on the defensive.

It's not all about tanks either. With good use of your infantry and AT units you can stop a Panzer charge in its tracks.

And the artillery model is outstanding - it's just like being there as a fire control officer with none of the arcade effects, just realism.

10 out of 10 from me.

Rasputitsa -> RE: One of my all time favourites (3/26/2012 12:13:33 PM)

Thanks for the recommendation, very interesting. [:)]

GBS -> RE: One of my all time favourites (3/26/2012 4:52:04 PM)

It's made me stop playing CM. Not that there is anything wrong with CM which is a great game. Now when I have time to sit down and start a battle, I go to this one because of one word....FUN.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: One of my all time favourites (3/26/2012 6:01:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBS

It's made me stop playing CM. Not that there is anything wrong with CM which is a great game. Now when I have time to sit down and start a battle, I go to this one because of one word....FUN.

Ditto - the same thing happened to me!

CarnageINC -> RE: One of my all time favourites (3/30/2012 9:44:33 PM)

Sorry for asking....but what is CM? [&:]

mbar -> RE: One of my all time favourites (3/30/2012 9:52:51 PM)

Combat Mission

CarnageINC -> RE: One of my all time favourites (3/30/2012 9:59:58 PM)

Thanks [;)]

stevekten -> RE: One of my all time favourites (3/31/2012 12:05:07 AM)

yup, great game. I hated the UI and to an extent still do but have now gotten used to it and have enjoyed the game since getting past the learning curve.

Cecilia48 -> RE: One of my all time favourites (4/1/2012 6:05:36 AM)

[image]http://www.infoocean.info/avatar2.jpg[/image]Thanks for the recommendation, very interesting.

Alan Sharif -> RE: One of my all time favourites (4/1/2012 10:44:05 AM)

I have this ( prior to Matrix release) and AP: Kharkov 43. They do take a bit of getting used to but, as stated above, these are great games and are well worth effort. I should very much like to see more titles in this series.

DBeves -> RE: One of my all time favourites (4/1/2012 11:15:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

I highly recommend this title. While the UI takes a bit of getting used to, AP is an extremely immersive, visually appealing and realistic East Front WW2 game.

Every battle plays out differently and the AI is one of the best in this genre, particularly when it's on the defensive.

It's not all about tanks either. With good use of your infantry and AT units you can stop a Panzer charge in its tracks.

And the artillery model is outstanding - it's just like being there as a fire control officer with none of the arcade effects, just realism.

10 out of 10 from me.

? I thought the artillery model was very simplistic. Just click then the artillery lands. Certainly more simplistic that CM. Maybe its changed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI