Normandy 1944 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

blow56 -> Normandy 1944 (4/5/2012 1:07:28 PM)

Is there a game, comparable to Gary Grigsby's WITE, for the Normandy campaign? I have a version on TOAW, but I wondered if there was a better one in Matrix style

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Normandy 1944 (4/5/2012 2:29:21 PM)

No, there isn't a Normandy Campaign yet based on the WitE system......but they do have "Battles for Normandy" which is a completely different game system but it is a excellent game.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Normandy 1944 (4/5/2012 3:05:10 PM)

There are several Normandy scenarios in TOAW, and currently work is being done on a future 'D-Day to the Elbe' scenario at the 5km/Regiment scale. I don't have WitE and would be curious to know what people might like included in the Normandy aspects of the TOAW scenario.

Josh -> RE: Normandy 1944 (4/5/2012 3:07:46 PM)

War in the West, (based on WitE, with improvements) will be released ... uhm, well it's in the pipeline. Don't know the ETA though.

blow56 -> RE: Normandy 1944 (4/6/2012 1:41:23 PM)

The thing that puts me off Battles In Normandy is that it doesn't give you the entire campaign, but splits it into pre-Cobra and post-Cobra. Is the game system any good?

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Normandy 1944 (4/6/2012 3:23:25 PM)

Their is a download some where that takes the game out 76 turns....the complete campaign. I am not sure where you can get it now.

Corrections, its still at the Normandy forum. Up where you get info and dl's.
quote:

ORIGINAL: blow56

The thing that puts me off Battles In Normandy is that it doesn't give you the entire campaign, but splits it into pre-Cobra and post-Cobra. Is the game system any good?

critter -> RE: Normandy 1944 (4/6/2012 3:34:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Their is a download some where that takes the game out 88 turns....the complete campaign. I am not sure where you can get it now.
quote:

There is 2 versions of " On to Paris" One helps the Allies and one helps the Germans. Helps even the vs AI play.
If you go on the SSG website and look under senerios theres a link. If that don't work leave a mesage in the Battles in Normandy forums. Some one will send it to you. Comrade P saves them I know. He's helped me out a couple of times.[8D]

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Normandy 1944 (4/6/2012 4:22:11 PM)

Well, there ya go Blow56. Thanks Mr. Critter.[;)][:D]
quote:

ORIGINAL: critter

quote:

Their is a download some where that takes the game out 88 turns....the complete campaign. I am not sure where you can get it now.
quote:

There is 2 versions of " On to Paris" One helps the Allies and one helps the Germans. Helps even the vs AI play.
If you go on the SSG website and look under senerios theres a link. If that don't work leave a mesage in the Battles in Normandy forums. Some one will send it to you. Comrade P saves them I know. He's helped me out a couple of times.[8D]

critter -> RE: Normandy 1944 (4/6/2012 4:57:20 PM)

You can find the links here.

http://ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6357

nate25 -> RE: Normandy 1944 (4/6/2012 5:31:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: critter

quote:

quote:

There's a few interesting scenarios here. I'll bet you won't download just one. [;)]

JeffroK -> RE: Normandy 1944 (4/6/2012 11:47:45 PM)

I hope they dont do a Normandy version of WITE, it calls for a far more detailed approach at a Battalion/Company level rather than at Divisional level.

TOAW had a couple of good scenarios.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI