Boyington to VMF ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

sdhundt -> Boyington to VMF ? (4/22/2012 11:03:08 PM)

Currently MAJ. Boyington is assigned to the Army so I can't assign him to any Marine fighter units. How do I change him to a Marine so he can fight with the Devil-Dog's ? Thanks...

Blackhorse -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/22/2012 11:46:16 PM)

In the game editor, Boyington (leader 16304), is listed as a Marine. (Stock WitP-AE, Scenario #1). If you release him from the Flying Tigers and send him to general reserve he should be able to join a USMC squadron. I have never tested this, tho.

awadley -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/23/2012 5:21:36 AM)

I inquired about this quite some time ago, and was told by one of the developers told me that he is Army because of the Flying Tigers and there is no way to change nationalities. Sorry thats it.

jcjordan -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/23/2012 5:33:21 AM)

As far as the pilot goes, I think that because he's an army pilot, you won't be able to use him as a marine pilot but you can use the leader in a marine group but no pilot entry for the unit he's assigned to. This is one of the strange database things due to the split entries that seem to interlink but in actuality don't. In the database he's defined as an army pilot attached to the AVG but is linked to a marine leader entry. The pilot entry can become an army unit leader though so you'd have an army leader/pilot while in use but would disappear when releaved but still have a marine leader entry.

crsutton -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/23/2012 5:22:56 PM)

In scenario 2, I released him to the reserve and I believe he came back with a promotion as the non flying commander of another army unit. I will check on that.

JocMeister -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/23/2012 6:43:46 PM)

I´m semi sure I have him in a USMC unit? I´ll check right away!

EDIT: He is indeed in VMF-222!

sdhundt -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/23/2012 10:06:33 PM)

I have looked into this for several more hours and I couldn't change him into a Marine. Is he a Marine in your game (JocMeister), and if so how do you change him. I'm playing SC#2 and it's Feb. 1943. I hope he isn't stuck in an Army squadron,.....POOR PAPPY, what a waste...The Black Sheep are waiting for you :(

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/23/2012 11:02:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Is there more than one? Similar to the Many Macs?

michaelm75au -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/24/2012 1:59:36 PM)

One of the original issues with pilots was that groups needed to have pilots of the same nationality. Differences caused bugs, changing of sides, weird occurrences (as distinct from bugs[:D]), etc.
So if a pilot is one service/nationality, he should be available in a similar group. This usually means either his 'nationality' changes or he gets dropped to the reserve...usually the first if I recall.

Blackhorse -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/25/2012 2:05:40 AM)

Nope. Only one Boyington.

And there are Bi-Macs, not Many Macs. [:)]

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Is there more than one? Similar to the Many Macs?

castor troy -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/25/2012 10:22:09 AM)

IIRC there are more Boyingtons, but with different first names. [:D]

Blackhorse -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/25/2012 11:30:36 AM)

We are both correct.

There is only one Boyington in the leader database. However, the pilot semi-random name generator will spit out additional Boyingtons.

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

IIRC there are more Boyingtons, but with different first names. [:D]

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/25/2012 6:30:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse

We are both correct.

There is only one Boyington in the leader database. However, the pilot semi-random name generator will spit out additional Boyingtons.

I thought so, but was afraid to say so. The Men in White Coats are everywhere! [:)]

(Where can you buy a giant butterfly net these days? They were everywhere in TV and movies when I was a kid. Now? Nothing. Maybe produciton moved offshore . . .)

JocMeister -> RE: Boyington to VMF ? (4/25/2012 6:34:42 PM)

I´m pretty sure "my" Boyington is the one from AVG. He has too high skills to be a trained!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI