Info please. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series

ASHBERY76 -> Info please. (4/23/2012 6:42:47 PM)

You have bought the AVATAR licence?[:D]

wodin -> RE: Info please. (4/23/2012 9:57:46 PM)

I've trawled the net but can't find anything. I believe a game maybe shaping up using the Space Engine.If it's this that would be quite mind blowing.

All we know is this is a x4 game. Seems odd to go into competition with DW and Armada.

Josh -> RE: Info please. (4/23/2012 10:05:32 PM)

Me too, did some quick research but other then the usual chatter on the web not much to be found... [&:] 
Which is pretty unusual cause many times I can find a link to a website or something, and now *nothing*.  

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Info please. (4/23/2012 10:14:35 PM)

Yep the usual spying methods have come up black.Maybe the game had a different name when it was being banded about for publishing.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Info please. (4/23/2012 10:56:47 PM)

Product pages for the previewed releases will be on our site soon... [8D]

wodin -> RE: Info please. (4/24/2012 1:42:48 AM)

Erik we want it now not soon...show us the info ;)

Scott Parrino -> RE: Info please. (4/24/2012 3:37:19 AM)

Day 2 starts soon, where you'll hear more about Pandora: First Contact :)

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Info please. (4/24/2012 7:09:17 PM)

So the game is a ground based 4x like AC.Alpha Centauri is the one the greatest games of all times and the hardest thing for any developer to match is the game atmosphere,lore and making the sandbox game an actual story.Very tough company for comparison.

Does pandora have blue people?

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Info please. (4/25/2012 6:39:49 PM)

[image]http://www.spacesector.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/pandora_first_contact/pandora_first_contact_screenshot_7.jpg[/image]

I will get the first moan in.Alien worlds need to look alien and not generic civ map.

wodin -> RE: Info please. (4/25/2012 8:48:46 PM)

At last land combat looks modeled more and in more detail than most games though. Or is it a land based game like AC?

sanderz -> RE: Info please. (4/25/2012 9:07:19 PM)

a little bit more info here
http://www.strategycore.co.uk/news/opening-the-box/

Anguille -> RE: Info please. (4/25/2012 9:07:28 PM)

I love the look of the game. Much better than what i expected. Gonna get it.
@@

jamespcrowley -> RE: Info please. (4/25/2012 10:56:31 PM)

This also has some promise, although Sci-fi is not something I am normally interested in.

However I have read conflicting descriptions in different places. It is described as single player in one place but in another as having pbem. Also IGOUGO turn based and simultaneous turns.

Which is it?

Hertston -> RE: Info please. (4/28/2012 1:01:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

You have bought the AVATAR licence?[:D]

The title is yrrrrchhh... There obviously aren't any licencing issues on the name alone (you can hardly copyright Greek mythology) but with Avatar and Borderlands already having used it for planets in recent times it doesn't say much for the devs' imagination - which is not good in a sci-fi game! Not to mention all the flak and 0/10 scores from muppets buying it expecting it to have something to do with Avatar. Or indeed Borderlands.

major.pain -> RE: Info please. (4/28/2012 8:32:45 PM)

Liking the look of the screenshots so far, they kind of take on a painted quality, i hope the sci fi theme doesnt take on a generic and sterile view of the future, i am hoping for a more space marine ambiance than say star wars feel.

martok -> RE: Info please. (4/29/2012 10:24:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anguille

I love the look of the game. Much better than what i expected. Gonna get it.
@@

I think this one may end up on my PC as well. WE WANT MORE!!

Hanal -> RE: Info please. (4/30/2012 3:22:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

[image]http://www.spacesector.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/pandora_first_contact/pandora_first_contact_screenshot_7.jpg[/image]

I will get the first moan in.Alien worlds need to look alien and not generic civ map.

Well they can work around your request because they state "earth like planet"....[;)]

wodin -> RE: Info please. (4/30/2012 6:28:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: M J R

Liking the look of the screenshots so far, they kind of take on a painted quality, i hope the sci fi theme doesnt take on a generic and sterile view of the future, i am hoping for a more space marine ambiance than say star wars feel.

Dsytopian\Dark\Grim\Gritty\Bloody Sci Fi, thats what I want to see. Think Space Marine but make it look less cartoon again even. More Blade Runner look or the Aliens film (the recent film Promethous (something like that) being made looks great aswell, superb aesthetic).

SephiRok -> RE: Info please. (5/3/2012 1:33:52 PM)

It's earth-like in the way that it has multiple ecoregions (deserts, forests, arctic, ...). This is both to allow for game mechanics and make it more interesting to explore. You wouldn't want to settle on a desolate planet.

It will become darker as you consume the planet's resources and other events occur. We're certainly not aiming for a cartoony feel.

Also, the graphics aren't final and post effects can change the feel drastically. :-)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Crowley
However I have read conflicting descriptions in different places. It is described as single player in one place but in another as having pbem. Also IGOUGO turn based and simultaneous turns.

Which is it?

The product page is wrong.

It is focused on single player, but will include multiplayer -- currently planned are live simultaneous turns and PBEM.

martok -> RE: Info please. (5/4/2012 3:19:15 PM)

Thanks for the tidbit, SephiRok. It's appreciated. [:)]

Blind Sniper -> RE: Info please. (8/10/2012 10:13:13 AM)

quote:

It is focused on single player, but will include multiplayer -- currently planned are live simultaneous turns and PBEM.

Interesting the PBEM option. [:)]

Can you give us more informations about how the combat works? What are the tactical options?

SephiRok -> RE: Info please. (8/10/2012 11:09:56 AM)

Everything is subject change, but currently tactical options include territory-based modifiers, like power, movement speed and sight, artillery splash weapons and sniper's no enemy retaliation attribute. But coolest of all are the operations with which you can scan a portion of the map and deploy units behind enemy lines, or fire a nuclear missile to eradicate a whole territory and leave damaging environmental effects.

Blind Sniper -> RE: Info please. (8/10/2012 11:53:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SephiRok

Everything is subject change, but currently tactical options include territory-based modifiers, like power, movement speed and sight, artillery splash weapons and sniper's no enemy retaliation attribute. But coolest of all are the operations with which you can scan a portion of the map and deploy units behind enemy lines, or fire a nuclear missile to eradicate a whole territory and leave damaging environmental effects.

[:D]

Thanks for the info, looking forward to this one.

I have other questions about units, combat and so on, let us know when we can ask more [:)]

SephiRok -> RE: Info please. (8/10/2012 12:08:56 PM)

Feel free to ask, I can at least answer with the direction we're going with it.

Blind Sniper -> RE: Info please. (8/10/2012 2:32:02 PM)

Well...if I can ask...then...

Genre: strategic or tactical also?

Turn: turn based IGO-UGO or WEGO?

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/files/games/435/20120421005001.jpg[/image]

Scale: how big is the universe? How many planets?

Terrain: do we have hexes or zone?

Unit: what is the unit organization? I mean squad, platoon, etc.
How many kind of units? Tank, infantry, Mech, etc.
What does the bar above the units mean? Stamina?
Can the unit gain experience?
How many units you can build? Is there a maintenance cost or people limit?
I hate the endless production [:'(]
Is Pandora a land game or is possible to fight with ships as well?

Combat: How the combat is handle? Is a paper-scissor-stone system?

Too many questions? [:D]

SephiRok -> RE: Info please. (8/11/2012 12:35:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blind Sniper
Genre: strategic or tactical also?

Mostly strategic, but there are also tactical elements as previously listed.

quote:

Turn: turn based IGO-UGO or WEGO?

It's only simultaneous turns (all players play at the same time) currently. So my guess is that means WEGO.

quote:

Scale: how big is the universe? How many planets?

It's all happening on one planet, ground view.

quote:

Terrain: do we have hexes or zone?

The map encompasses the whole planet, square grid.

quote:

Unit: what is the unit organization? I mean squad, platoon, etc.
How many kind of units? Tank, infantry, Mech, etc.
What does the bar above the units mean? Stamina?
Can the unit gain experience?
How many units you can build? Is there a maintenance cost or people limit?
I hate the endless production [:'(]
Is Pandora a land game or is possible to fight with ships as well?

Units are in homogeneous squads, the bar above them is their current health. There are currently 6 kinds of units, including ground, water and air. We have planned that units gain experience and become stronger. Each unit has an upkeep credits cost, that's the only really limiting factor to your army's size.

quote:

Combat: How the combat is handle? Is a paper-scissor-stone system?

There is a counter system based on unit and weapon types. For example, a unit equipped with a flame thrower will be more effective against biological units.

Blind Sniper -> RE: Info please. (8/11/2012 10:33:26 PM)

Thank you very much! [:)]

eva lilith -> RE: Info please. (9/27/2012 8:41:31 PM)

This game looks very awesome.
i love sci fi theme + strategic genre (ex:Alpha Centauri) [:)]

SephiRok is DEV, right?
some questions here!

1.when this will be released?

2.Is it possible to modding?
(i wish..)

3.if say yes, provide modding guide?

4. UI,graphics.. looks like pretty simple..hmm..
is this hardcore or casual? (ex: moo3,distant worlds vs Endless Space,Civilization)
(i wish..hardcore..)

SephiRok -> RE: Info please. (9/27/2012 9:37:32 PM)

Happy to see you interested!

I'm a dev, yes.

1. Still need a couple of months before release.

2. It supports modding through xml.

3. I doubt we'll have a modding guide on release.

4. I wouldn't say it's hardcore, it's similar to Alpha Centauri and Civilization.

There should be a beta to sign up for in the next weeks.

Cheers,
Rok

Admiral Moe Lester -> RE: Info please. (10/20/2012 1:44:42 PM)

Hi SephiRok! I've got a couple questions to hopefully satisfy my unreasonable lust for this game. Are there any concepts from Alpha Centauri that you plan to emulate in some form in Pandora? How in depth is the government and civics side? Is unit customization in and is the name a reference to The Jesus Incident?

Thanks for your time and thank you for undertaking such a glorious task!

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI