Maximum Colony Development Cap of 155%? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

weblife -> Maximum Colony Development Cap of 155%? (4/24/2012 10:03:21 PM)

Colony Development is stated can be greater than 100%

A bonus of up to 50% comes from population up to 500billion.

Another 50% if you have access to 10 luxury resources.

Ancient Ruins on the planet can give a bonus that stacks on top, up to 50%.

The Wonders also add between 30 and 50%.

Since income is Population X Development%, it makes pretty good sense to max our development on your biggest colonies.

I have my capital world, and here I have a total of +270% Development bonuses. - However, the actual Development level shown is just 155% (+50%).

I have just tried scrapping my wonders, and as soon as the last one giving +50% was gone the development dropped to 135% (+30%).

The shipyard wonder gives +30%, so it would appear the development bonus for wonders only applies ONCE and only the highest one.

I do not have any worlds with ruins on, so I can't presently test if that kind of bonus overlaps or stacks with the wonder bonus.

Does anyone know?

My findings so far indicates that the best way to get most benefit is to spread the wonders around to get as many worlds as possible up in development. - However, getting that capital with 28billion people to the cap is by far the best money maker.

Modest -> RE: Maximum Colony Development Cap of 155%? (4/24/2012 11:53:42 PM)

That is true - only one wonder is giving You a bonus to the development (and the highest one). So building two on the same planet is not such smart idea (however sometimes it is still very good idea as wonders may give others interesting bonuses).
Also, maximum development bonus from resources is higher than 50% - most races have one special resource which will give You additional 5% bonus (so now it is 55% for most races, and 60% for Gizuneans), and we have remember about Korriban Spice, Loros Fruits and Zentabia Fluid. They will give additional 30% bonus (do not stack - if You have both Korriban Spice and Loros Fruits they will not give 60% - only 30%). This helps a lot to have maxed development level. And it is true - homeworlds are best planets to be maxed in most situations.

jpwrunyan -> RE: Maximum Colony Development Cap of 155%? (4/25/2012 2:39:38 AM)

Do ancient ruins stack with wonders or not?
I believe not but havent checked for sure.
Anyone know?

weblife -> RE: Maximum Colony Development Cap of 155%? (4/27/2012 12:05:16 AM)

No one knows if ruins stack with wonders or not? :-)

What is the highest level of development you have achieved in any single colony?

Modest -> RE: Maximum Colony Development Cap of 155%? (4/27/2012 9:50:56 AM)

I had 190% of development... But I think it is possible to have 200% if playing Gizueans (or whatever are they callet).

Arcatus -> RE: Maximum Colony Development Cap of 155%? (4/27/2012 12:12:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: weblife

No one knows if ruins stack with wonders or not? :-)

What is the highest level of development you have achieved in any single colony?

No, as ruins are just a "permanent" wonder those act the same way - whatever wonder or ruin that has the greatest bouns - that is the bonus you will get.

A similar thing happen if you find a ruin with the same properties as one of your wonders (like the +100% weapons research). You don't get the bonus twice.

Shark7 -> RE: Maximum Colony Development Cap of 155%? (4/27/2012 2:07:59 PM)

And I always try to go colonize those bonus ruins planets. Its a wonder for free.

jpwrunyan -> RE: Maximum Colony Development Cap of 155%? (4/27/2012 4:02:17 PM)

Well, i guess that clears it up. You get the max bonus for whatever ruin/wonder is present at the colony. Hooray for knowledge.
Wish this were in the galactopedia.

Shark7 -> RE: Maximum Colony Development Cap of 155%? (4/27/2012 4:17:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jpwrunyan

Well, i guess that clears it up. You get the max bonus for whatever ruin/wonder is present at the colony. Hooray for knowledge.

I'm still waiting for a way to edit the galactopedia. [;)]

weblife -> RE: Maximum Colony Development Cap of 155%? (4/27/2012 7:20:01 PM)

Thanks!

Arcatus -> RE: Maximum Colony Development Cap of 155%? (4/28/2012 9:44:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: jpwrunyan

I'm still waiting for a way to edit the galactopedia. [;)]

You can. The XML files can be edited with word, and you could probably do more advanced stuff with a proper editor....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI