(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Nikademus -> (11/28/2002 1:22:15 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snigbert
[B]I want to send a special thanks out to the Beta testers, especially that handsome bastard Snigbert. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm.....is there a source that verifies your claim?

Just kidding :p :rolleyes: :D

Mike Wood -> (11/28/2002 3:02:21 AM)

Hello...

In the case of a 1+ base, the rules have not changed at all. The old concept still applies. Only transport task forces are attacked, at double strength.

The rule applies to locations with a dot, that have no base there at all. Just a beach. These used to be defended by mines like a real base. No attacks against anything, except transport task forces. Mines will now attack ships trasiting these hexs. This makes mines more effective in the Solomons, not less so.

Bye...

Michael Wood
Lead Programmer,
Matrix Games

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hanno Meier
[B]Just a short reminder. Is it intentional, that with the new mine rules defensive Minefields in a 1+ base couldn't defend against Submarines or Bombardment forces? I liked the old concept much better. You loose a lot of defensive capability.

Every other patch item is an improvement.

Regards, Hanno [/B][/QUOTE]

XPav -> (11/28/2002 3:49:37 AM)

Wow.

I'm very happy. Great work.

siRkid -> (11/28/2002 7:03:38 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike Wood
[B]Hello...

In the case of a 1+ base, the rules have not changed at all. The old concept still applies. Only transport task forces are attacked, at double strength.

The rule applies to locations with a dot, that have no base there at all. Just a beach. These used to be defended by mines like a real base. No attacks against anything, except transport task forces. Mines will now attack ships trasiting these hexs. This makes mines more effective in the Solomons, not less so.

Bye...

Michael Wood
Lead Programmer,
Matrix Games

[/B][/QUOTE]

I am very happy about this change. In a long campaign game I'm playing the Japs took Gili Gili and were using it to stage raids on PM. I place 100s of mine in the hex just east of Gili Gili (the one you have to go through to enter the harbor). I was hoping to get a few major combatants and discourage the use of this base. Not once in 30+ turns did the Japs hit one of my mines.

I did not know it at the time but this was because it was only effective against transport task forces. With this change, that won't happen again.

Rick

Raverdave -> Great news! (11/28/2002 4:08:50 PM)

Points 17 and 19 will greatly reduce my fatigue level in the 8 PBEMs that I have running ! You blokes are ****hot ! (Aussie slang for great).:D

HannoMeier -> (11/28/2002 5:13:31 PM)

Hi Mike,

thanks for your hard work!!!

But: Did I understand you correctly? In our current version my own defensive minefields laid in Truk for example (with me as the Japanese) only works against Transports??? I laid lots of mines in my own ports under the impression, that they work against all intruders like subs, bombarders and transports.

I already wondered why they didn't hit an enemy sub at all entering the port area.

From my historical reading, defensive mines should work against
all intruders (especially subs and bombarders)

Keep up your excellent work!!!

Hanno

Arkady -> Re: Whats Coming Very Soon in Patch v2.10 (11/28/2002 10:37:10 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Heath
[B]Hi Guys

Here is what you can expect in v2.10. Now some may say that we are just releasing a patch before a holiday weekend but that is not the case. The testing period for this has been going on before the releae of v2.0. You should be able to start downloading it tonight or Wednesday. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thursday already here and no patch available.....some difficulties?

don't hurry , I can access ftp servers only on weekends so I can wait :D

Arkady

your support is excellent!

David Heath -> (11/29/2002 2:30:14 AM)

Guys

As I was waiting for the fina build I fell asleep at the keyboard..... oh the wife was very unhappy.... Mike and I are now completing the patch between cooking and family.... but its coming.

HannoMeier -> (11/29/2002 2:37:37 AM)

David, this is really unbelievable. Thanks to the whole team for your committment.

I am working in a business consultancy, therefore work-life-balance is a theme for my collegues and me. Don't push too hard. As much as I await this patch, I understand the need for rest & family life.

Best wishes from Frankfurt, Hanno

Admiral Scott -> (11/29/2002 3:02:14 AM)

I have never seen a software developer have such an intimate relationship with their customers as Matrix Games does.

This kind of relationship will surely create a very loyal and happy customer base for years to come.

David Heath -> (11/29/2002 8:51:11 AM)

Another Holiday Update

We a adjusting two of the features so it maybe a little longer.... but we are still working on it.

David

Ross Moorhouse -> (11/29/2002 9:07:04 AM)

The testers are chained to their PCs right now. They really are testing as I type as we are getting their feedback.

Hang in their all. We don't get 4 days holidays down under here.. :)

RevRick -> What I want to know... (11/29/2002 9:12:22 AM)

is where you get your coffee! It sure can't be at the local supermarket. I see replies on this board at all times of the day or night - and I know that someone has to be doing some serious cafiene consumption for that to be going on - and I might need to know what y'all drink. Every once in a while I pull one of those kinds of shifts.

Seriously, you are doing a superb job of supporting your clients. I know that it will feed back into WitP, and that is good too. BRAVO ZULU!!!

siRkid -> (11/29/2002 10:27:21 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse
[B]
Hang in their all. We don't get 4 days holidays down under here.. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

You should try them they are great!

gnuseditor -> holidays (11/30/2002 12:57:26 AM)

Isn't every day a holiday in Oz? :)

Looking forward to the new patch -- keep up the good work, guys!

panda124c -> Re: holidays (11/30/2002 4:00:22 AM)

Item 13, I am wondering about the logic behind the change in attack speeds for Dive and Torp Bombers? Is the level of the game (operational) the reason or something else?

You guys are doing a fantastic job, but I do hope you took time out to enjoy a little turkey. :D

pad152 -> (11/30/2002 4:50:44 AM)

Now I know why WiTP is going to cost $70 US, $45 for the game, $25 for the best on-going game support.;)

David Heath -> (11/30/2002 8:50:54 AM)

We are wrapping up the testing and will be working on making the patch. Sorry for the delay but we like to make this perfect. Mike Wood and the beta team really been working non-stop on this. So keep checking its coming soon.

mbatch729 -> No apology necessary (11/30/2002 9:40:28 AM)

The fact that you guys seem to be working around the clock on a holiday weekend lets us know just how dedicated you are to your customers (but we already knew that;) ) It is obvious that this is a labor of love, one we greatly appreciate.

pasternakski -> (11/30/2002 9:57:51 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Heath
[B]So keep checking its coming soon. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, it's like the time old Lila Mae and me was makin' love on the railroad tracks ... the train was a-comin', she was a-comin', and I was a-comin', and **** if I knowed which one of us was a-gonna get there first.

Like everybody else has been saying, David, your efforts and those of Mike, the beta team, and everyone else in your fine organization are much appreciated. You keep making this stuff and I'll keep buying and enjoying it. I'm a fully satisfied customer (now dat I got offa dem railroad tracks, dat is).

mogami -> I hear my train a comin (11/30/2002 1:51:00 PM)

"I've been workin on da railroad, all da live long day"
"I've been working on da railroad, or was dat Lila Mae?"

Snigbert -> (12/2/2002 8:13:44 AM)

Matrix is so dedicated they had me (a tester) get sick so I could be on disability the last six months, and spend 24/7 beta testing instead of working. Except for the days I have to get chemotherapy. I'm really committed to Matrix. :)

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI