Manually dropping resource on planet don't match (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Pocus -> Manually dropping resource on planet don't match (5/6/2012 9:25:36 PM)

Hi,

You know you can build state ships that can mine. Once they are full, they can drop their cargo on a planet. This way, I have 3 orbital refineries ships that can extract 11.000 caslon units and drop it on any planet. Problem, when they drop their stuff, it never add correctly to the stock... It seems to add 50% and the rest disappear...

Unless there is a cheat to help the civilian system where half of anything dropped is instantly displaced to planets in need?

Kayoz -> RE: Manually dropping resource on planet don't match (5/6/2012 9:37:29 PM)

I don't understand. What ship type are you using? Resupply ships? How are you "dropping off resources"?

Pocus -> RE: Manually dropping resource on planet don't match (5/7/2012 7:43:41 AM)

Any military ship can be equipped with extractors. Once done, you can click on a planet and have it extract resources.

Once it is full, it will return automatically to nearest spaceport. This is where resources don't match for me, I get around half of the cargo hold each time, not more. Still very handy but that's a mystery.

Note to Erik or Elliot... Please by all mean don't remove this feature to help a bit the civilian system with some focused micro managing. Please, really don't do that. I would even dare ask to be able to do more, like having an order 'empty cargo hold' for ships, so they dump out whatever is in their cargo, sometime we want to get rid of leftover resources, even on constructors and we can't.

Kayoz -> RE: Manually dropping resource on planet don't match (5/7/2012 10:26:23 AM)

Ta, learned something new. I didn't know you could do that.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Manually dropping resource on planet don't match (5/7/2012 2:18:15 PM)

I think that goes against the whole design of the game and gives even more advantage vs the A.I.It should be removed.

Pocus -> RE: Manually dropping resource on planet don't match (5/8/2012 7:27:11 AM)

It is entirely optional, and helps compensate the biggest shortcomings. I much prefer to play on hard level and use that, than to play on easy or medium. To each his own.

w1p -> RE: Manually dropping resource on planet don't match (5/8/2012 4:48:33 PM)

are you sure that the missing fuel that your mining isn't being chewed up by your ship travelling?

Kayoz -> RE: Manually dropping resource on planet don't match (5/9/2012 1:18:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

I think that goes against the whole design of the game and gives even more advantage vs the A.I.It should be removed.

I agree - but Elliot put it in there. It's no accident that you get the extraction mission symbol when hovering over a planet. If he (Elliot) didn't want it as an option, it would be a simple matter for him to remove it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI