Design Bug (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

Chet Guiles -> Design Bug (5/7/2012 4:20:27 AM)

1.701.14 Beta does not start out with a design for a Resupply Ship, and whatever design I try to create the game says "This design cannot be built"... this is not a size limitation, because even when it is quite small (well within the military ship size limit) it doesn't allow it. Am I missing something?

Will those designs appear when tech is sufficient? This is different from 1.7.0.13 beta.

Kayoz -> RE: Design Bug (5/7/2012 10:13:08 AM)

You need to first research Accelerated Construction.

Energy & Construction -> Space Construction (default) -> Enhanced Construction -> Accelerated Construction

[image]local://upfiles/36946/8631F6CE905848FCA1734E78A3EF6B42.jpg[/image]

Chet Guiles -> RE: Design Bug (5/7/2012 6:14:42 PM)

Now that you point it out, I did notice that. I thought that in previous versions the designs were there in the design page, but couldn't be built until the proper tech or ship size appeared. I will work through the techs and then see what happens. As long as they are there when I need send my fleets far out into the cosmos, all will be OK.

Thanks.

Kayoz -> RE: Design Bug (5/7/2012 8:15:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chet Guiles

Now that you point it out, I did notice that. I thought that in previous versions the designs were there in the design page, but couldn't be built until the proper tech or ship size appeared.

Check the filter selection in the top left - sounds like your previous setting was "show buildable non-obsolete designs". I'm not sure what the default setting is.

Chet Guiles -> RE: Design Bug (5/8/2012 3:12:31 AM)

The designs don't show up at all until the tech has been achieved, then they appear in the normal way. Regardless of the setting in the upper left. But my error was in not being patient enough to wait for the designs to beccome possible.

Thanks again.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI