Paratroops - How to use? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

Ole AHer -> Paratroops - How to use? (5/9/2012 7:29:33 PM)

I can't quite figure out how to complete a drop of paratroopers. Can anybody provide a step-by-step guide? The manual doesn't seem to say much that's helpful.

Does the Airborne unit have to be on a hex with or near an airbase? Do you have to do anything with the air units? How do you make sure the right kind of aircraft are involved?

Or is it just like train or sea movement - click the correct 'movement' icon, then click the unit and scroll to the intended destination and it will 'go' because the AI will pick out the transport aircraft for you. That doesn't seem terribly likely because the player actually controls the specific planes, but not so with railroads/trains and ships.

Sorry if this is really basic, but I still remember what Sgt. Tillman said to us on the grenade range many moons ago - the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. TIA.

elmo3 -> RE: Paratroops - How to use? (5/9/2012 8:31:21 PM)

I think section 5.3.9.3 has your answers.

Omat -> RE: Paratroops - How to use? (5/9/2012 10:08:38 PM)

Hello

Maybe this link helps..there is also a save file attached for practicing:

http://witewiki.com/index.php?title=Air_Dropping_Parachute_Units&oldid=284

Omat

Ole AHer -> RE: Paratroops - How to use? (5/11/2012 9:37:59 PM)

Great helps from both of you. Thanks! [:D]

I'll play around with it over the weekend and see how I do.

PS - BTW, darn, it really looks complicated. It has an awful lot of steps and moving parts. I don't feel so bad for not figuring it out myself! [&:]

Best regards

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI