Game won't start at all (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support

nrsteel -> Game won't start at all (5/9/2012 10:40:30 PM)

Hello,

My game won't start at all. Double click and box comes up saying app stopped working.

Did I miss something on the specs? Don't tell me it won't run on 64 bit systems.....

My system basic specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name GRAPHIC1
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0301, 9/16/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name graphic1\nrsteel
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 12.8 GB
Total Virtual Memory 39.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 37.0 GB
Page File Space 23.9 GB
Page File D:\pagefile.sys

MB = ASUS p8z68 deluxe gen 3

Video MSI N560GTX-TI 2GB

Nigel Steel

ericbabe -> RE: Game won't start at all (5/9/2012 11:06:27 PM)

What resolution are you running at? Please try making sure your video and audio drivers are up to date, and turning off any other applications that might be running in the background.

nrsteel -> RE: Game won't start at all (5/9/2012 11:46:30 PM)

Screen res 1920 x 1200 native to the screen a dell u2412m

All drivers are latest, and nothing else is running after a reboot except the windows systems drivers and services

I am not going to sit here and conduct tests..... Oh and by the way, your installer tried to install XNA 3.1 for a Windows 7 64 bit system.

either it works out of the box or I request a refund. My system met / exceeded specs. I've done this crap for 27 years now. Kind of tired of it.

Pity I really wanted to play this game, but I suspect I would have to downgrade my hardware/software to get it running.

Any suggestions?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Game won't start at all (5/10/2012 12:24:24 AM)

Hi nrs,

Installing all the components is required. If you skipped one, please reinstall without unchecking them.

Please also post a DxDiag file so that we can see your system specs, that should only take a minute.

It works fine on all our Windows 7 64-bit test systems.

Regards,

- Erik

Joram -> RE: Game won't start at all (5/10/2012 12:26:28 AM)

I also have Windows 7 64 Bit.  I even have the same graphics card you do but a 1GB version.  I let the installer do everything and it worked fine out of the box.  If you bypassed the XNA installer, that might be a potential issue. 
Differences from your setup, I run in 1680x1050, have only 6gb of RAM and have an embarrasingly older CPU.  Hey but it works!

nrsteel -> RE: Game won't start at all (5/10/2012 1:17:42 AM)

OK....

Never liked to be beaten, always fight to the bitter end... (just in case you can pull that magic rabbit out of the hat, or the eagles / cavalry show up)

Erik: I did let it install everything, but I did notice it choked on the xna install. So I uninstalled everything, ran ccleaner, then avg pc tuneup, to clean the registry, temp files caches etc.

Then (duh!!!) I turned off webroot secure anywhere, re-installed, and holla!!! it works.

I should go back to remedial Microcrud(tm) 101 classes. Been doing this long enough, but I forgot to turn off the virus scanner before install.

Oh, I noticed on the XNA site that 3.1 is only mentioned for XP and Vista, will it run fine with Win 7 64bit?

Nigel Steel
nigel@steeldesigngroup.com

nrsteel -> RE: Game won't start at all (5/10/2012 1:21:32 AM)

Ooops!!

Should have also said thank you to everyone for putting up with my crankiness

Erik Rutins -> RE: Game won't start at all (5/10/2012 1:54:29 AM)

Hi Nigel,

No problem - I should have remembered to mention the anti-virus/security software as well. It's amazing how many issues those kinds of products can cause with game installations.

Yes, XNA 3.1 will work fine with Windows 7 64-bit based on our testing.

Regards,

- Erik

bigmilt -> RE: Game won't start at all (5/10/2012 10:01:20 PM)

had same problem make sure both the autorun and the hexgame exe are in your firewall list of applications
then I also had to turn down my video to 1680 x 1050 to get the game to run. also running windows 7 64 bit.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI