Which video preferences should I use.... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series

TomBombadil711 -> Which video preferences should I use.... (5/11/2012 9:21:19 PM)

...when the game is running fine and smoothly on small maps with only a few units, but no longer on large maps?

Thanks in advance.

Lebatron -> RE: Which video preferences should I use.... (5/11/2012 9:53:00 PM)

You call in the Tree Ents and ask them kindly to remove some trees for you. With less trees your video card will run better.

Ok seriously just turn down the textures.

TomBombadil711 -> RE: Which video preferences should I use.... (5/11/2012 10:05:01 PM)

Thanks so far. Is it just setting overlay texture size to 256? What effects will changes to scenery density, max. anisotropy and multisampling have?

Lebatron -> RE: Which video preferences should I use.... (5/12/2012 3:58:24 AM)

Obviously the lower those settings are the less taxing it will be. Can't give you specific percents though. Just toy with it until you are satisfied. If everything is at it's lowest and its performance still stinks you should consider upgrading the PC.

ericbabe -> RE: Which video preferences should I use.... (5/12/2012 5:52:39 PM)

If you're using 3D models, try loading the game with lower resolution units. Try turning down the scenery density and playing with the simple shader.

Binko -> RE: Which video preferences should I use.... (5/12/2012 6:44:00 PM)

I'm playing with the simple shader because it's the only way to make it so that the hills can be easily seen.

I'd prefer to play with the better looking option but I really dislike having to struggle to tell where there is a hill.

Lebatron -> RE: Which video preferences should I use.... (5/12/2012 10:48:25 PM)

That's funny because I have recently switched to simple shader myself because I prefer the hills that way. The only downside to simple is the funny shade that was selected to represent ground level. It's like a grayed out grass. Yuck. Please make it more green.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI