College football (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

rodney727 -> College football (5/19/2012 8:02:01 PM)

With college football only about three months away anyone want to start a football pick em? Let me know. How it would work is we would pick 10-20 games a week and we would keep it simple straight up and the winner would get a 25 matrix gift card if their is such a thing.

warspite1 -> RE: College football (5/19/2012 8:08:13 PM)

I've no idea what you are talking about - was that even English? [;)]

However, if our Yankee cousins are going to have a go at the football, then, if it's not too complicated, I will have a go [:)]

rodney727 -> RE: College football (5/19/2012 8:17:37 PM)

Lol ok w1! We will see how many people want to do this and what rules they want to have. I will front the first 25 and if anyone else wants to add anything to it the are welcome to do so. Iowa,Wisconsin ,Ohio State,Tennessee and Minnesota will be the first five teams. PM me if you want to include your team.

rodney727 -> RE: College football (5/19/2012 8:21:00 PM)

How could I forget Missouri ? So we have six teams.

nate25 -> RE: College football (5/19/2012 10:46:43 PM)

I'm in.

Orm -> RE: College football (5/19/2012 10:48:02 PM)

College football? Then I am out.

I might consider NFL football if I understand the rules for the competition. But it is a long time before the season begins.

nate25 -> RE: College football (5/19/2012 10:50:32 PM)

Come on, Orm. I'm trying your football, which I know very little about. I'll help with questions.

Orm -> RE: College football (5/19/2012 10:54:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nate25

Come on, Orm. I'm trying your football, which I know very little about. I'll help with questions.

As I said I am willing to consider NFL. That league I can at least partially follow.

nate25 -> RE: College football (5/19/2012 10:59:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

As I said I am willing to consider NFL. That league I can at least partially follow.

What do you think is the big difference b/t college and NFL? They're not that different.

Orm -> RE: College football (5/19/2012 11:01:15 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

What do you think is the big difference b/t college and NFL? They're not that different.

Only difference is that they show some of the NFL matches on Swedish TV. That might not make any difference to you but to me that is a huge difference. [:)]

nate25 -> RE: College football (5/19/2012 11:02:38 PM)

Right right. Didn't think about TV.

Orm -> RE: College football (5/19/2012 11:08:05 PM)

I wish they showed some college football here. Would be fun to watch.

nate25 -> RE: College football (5/19/2012 11:12:51 PM)

Well, I don't think it'll be too much of a stretch to do an NFL league as well. We'll get you fixed up.

Gilmer -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 4:54:59 PM)

The time to report draws very close.

Edit: Big misunderstanding here. Partly (or all) my fault. I only meant that the time for players to report to summer/fall camps is getting close. [:D]

british exil -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 6:04:13 PM)

NFL sounds good, I have no idea about the college teams as I don't follow college football. Only Notre Dame rings a bell, but don't even know if they are any good.

I'm a Buffalo fan myself, if I can call myself a fan. Watched the 90's live and was upset by watching 3 superbowls in a row and each time runner up. Every year I watch the Super Bowl so I understand the rules to the game, but not much in the drafting side of the game. I have ESPN America over here so I watch a bit of US sport when I can, but you do ruin it by having a bad timezone.

Mat

rodney727 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:02:58 PM)

Ok the NFL sounds good. This way we can include our European brothers. Who's in?

british exil -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:05:34 PM)

Errrr, what do we have to do?[&:]

Mat

nate25 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:13:12 PM)

I was thinking we could do both, Rod - whatcha think?

rodney727 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:14:32 PM)

It's simple. Every week I will list all the games. You pick who will win. At the end of the season who ever has the most wins will win.

warspite1 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:14:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

Errrr, what do we have to do?[&:]

Mat
Warspite1

What do we have to do part II? [&:]

rodney727 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:14:56 PM)

quote:

I was thinking we could do both, Rod - whatcha think?

yes!

nate25 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:17:11 PM)

BE/W1 - just pick who you think will win - as simple as that. No stats or scoring here.

Straight up winners.

rodney727 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:17:50 PM)

Nate I think when you have to report saying hi to a recruit as a minor violation is total bull! It's outrageous .

warspite1 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:24:20 PM)

quote:

BE/W1 - just pick who you think will win - as simple as that. No stats or scoring here.

Straight up winners.
Warspite1

No nate you don't understand - I don't even know the names of the teams....[&:] [;)]

warspite1 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:24:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Nate I think when you have to report saying hi to a recruit as a minor violation is total bull! It's outrageous .
Warspite1

Er....what?

nate25 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:25:04 PM)

This whole system that tries to treat NCAA football as "amateurs" is ridiculous.

Major infractions unreported or pooh-poohed, minor ones blown up from mole-hills into mountains - what a parody of "equality" and "fairness".

nate25 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:26:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Straight up winners.
Warspite1

No nate you don't understand - I don't even know the names of the teams....[&:] [;)]

I can help you there if you want to try it. God knows I'll need help with the Euro thing we're gonna do.

rodney727 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:27:19 PM)

It's just the NCAA way of trying to get total control of college football. Where is the slaakman ? He would surely tell us how it is run by communists lol.

warspite1 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:30:47 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Straight up winners.
Warspite1

I can help you there if you want to try it. God knows I'll need help with the Euro thing we're gonna do.

Warspite1

I will definitely give it a go - just need a bit of pointing in the right direction - internet pages I can look at or whatever would be good - thanks[:)]

warspite1 -> RE: College football (5/20/2012 7:32:32 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Straight up winners.
Warspite1

Warspite1

I will definitely give it a go - just need a bit of pointing in the right direction - internet pages I can look at or whatever would be good - thanks[:)]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI