How does this compare to Achtung Panzer? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront

rockymc -> How does this compare to Achtung Panzer? (5/23/2012 1:35:29 AM)

I wanted a game to replace CMBB and recently bought AP Operation Star, which turned out to be a complete mess. I'm therefore wondering if this game is a better choice? It appears to have a proper manual so I assume it is a least playable and more accessable than APOS? Any comment pls?

k9mike -> RE: How does this compare to Achtung Panzer? (5/23/2012 2:48:54 AM)

I tried APOS....complete mess indeed. I think you will find PCO is similar to CM, but not sure if it will be the replacement you want....Meaning...It probably wont be much of a change to make you feel much different. Anyone else???

junk2drive -> RE: How does this compare to Achtung Panzer? (5/23/2012 4:04:18 AM)

There is a demo. It includes the tutorial scenario and another, more difficult battle.

CM players have trouble with the camera controls, platoon based orders format, and turns split into two phases. It is a good addition to, not a replacement for, CMBB.

Rosseau -> RE: How does this compare to Achtung Panzer? (5/23/2012 10:02:59 PM)

APOS is not a mess, just a bit eccentric, and well worth the low price and time to feel it out. I like PCO because you can edit xml's directly in addition to the scenario editor.

major.pain -> RE: How does this compare to Achtung Panzer? (5/24/2012 9:47:05 PM)

Dont give up on APOS guys because the UI is unfamiliar, really, i could not get over that hurdle with APK, but found APOS interface a big improvement though it takes time to learn its well worth the effort. Understanding the operational map and when you can reinforce ect follows its own historic rules depending on the scenario, which can be confusing as none of this is explained along with other things like capturing points/flags during a battle does not mean you will own those points on the operational map ect. Anyway, they are about to release a patch that includes a reworked interface, along with a bunch of other additions, give it another try after the patch, it can be like watching a mini war movie sometimes, very dramatic, i wish you could watch it replayed like CM or PCO.

Rosseau -> RE: How does this compare to Achtung Panzer? (5/25/2012 12:03:42 AM)

I think you can click back on the message bar after the battle and it brings you visually to each of the events that occurred on the field. Or maybe I'm thinking of Steel Armor. It was almost like a replay though.

Richie61 -> RE: How does this compare to Achtung Panzer? (5/25/2012 12:16:07 AM)

APOS is a great game! Sure the UI is different, but PCO is a good game too and compared to CM;BB it's UI is different. I like PCO, but the game speed isn't the greatest on older machines IMO.
All three games have pro's & con's, but all three are fun to play.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI