Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted

John 3rd -> Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (5/23/2012 7:07:44 AM)

Hello.

My Japanese opponent in one of my RA Games has had to stop due to work related excitement. Am looking for an experienced Japanese Opponent to play the latest version of RA. As one of the Mod Designers I am trying to see how well things work from BOTH sides of the fence.

If interested, please Post below.

Tone -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (5/23/2012 9:28:34 AM)

I am very interested in playing a campaign in RA4.2 against you Mr John 3rd.

John 3rd -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (5/23/2012 2:34:47 PM)

How experienced are you Tone? Your Post count is really low.

Where do you live?

Tone -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (5/23/2012 10:04:13 PM)

I have played War Plan Orange and War in the Pacific for many of years against the computer. I have finished 3 of South Seas campaigns against Divepac88 with Admirals Edition. I have played against JonReb only to 1-11-1942, because I was in a motor vehicle accident. I spent many months in hospital and was unable to play game because in coma. I am now recovered and ready to play you. It would be a dream for me. But if I am not experienced enough I would be understanding. I am from Tokyo Japan thank you very much.

CRations -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (5/24/2012 4:04:17 AM)

Hi John,

I was looking over the RA mod. Are all of the ground units the same as in the standard Da-Babes mod?

I note the statement that flak & ASW are more realistic... Does this mean that flak & ASW are more accurate\effective than the standard AE game or are they less accurate\effective?

CR

John 3rd -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (5/24/2012 5:54:48 AM)

RA is fully part of the Da Babes family in all the important respects you mention. We converted over to it due to the excellent work done by JWE and his team. LOVE IT! Add the Extended Map and life is great.

OK. Tone let us get the ball rolling. Shoot me your email address through PM or email and we can talk.

John 3rd -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/9/2012 2:12:19 PM)

It appears that Tone has dropped off the radar. Haven't heard from him in over a week despite several emails.

I think I am back looking for an opponent.

CRations -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/9/2012 5:45:48 PM)

Hi John,

I look forward to watching your next game.

Regards,

CR

Hortlund -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/10/2012 1:39:20 PM)

I have never tried RA, but have heard alot of good things about it. What sort of turn frequency are you looking for?

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Hello.

My Japanese opponent in one of my RA Games has had to stop due to work related excitement. Am looking for an experienced Japanese Opponent to play the latest version of RA. As one of the Mod Designers I am trying to see how well things work from BOTH sides of the fence.

If interested, please Post below.

John 3rd -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/10/2012 2:04:52 PM)

I'm not looking for a high paced game at all. Lew and I have our RA Campaign going but it moves at a little less then a turn a day. I'd like something that can run with it. Really wanting to play the Allies (for a HUGE change) so I can work the OTHER side of the mod.

DivePac88 -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/10/2012 9:25:45 PM)

quote:

It appears that Tone has dropped off the radar. Haven't heard from him in over a week despite several emails.

Sorry John, I could have warned you about possibility of this, as Tone has gone walkabout (disappeared) on me twice now. I would have PM'd you if I had of read it, but unfortunately I was out of circulation at the time.

Cheers Des.

Canoerebel -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/11/2012 3:17:31 PM)

quote:

... Really wanting to play the Allies (for a HUGE change) so I can work the OTHER side of the mod.

Well, it won't be that huge a change. My memory banks remind me that you did play as the Allies in a WitP game a few years back. I don't recall your opponent, but I do recall that you continued your very aggressive style of play. You reinforced Wake Island with a Marine CD unit (and other assets, I believe, including aircraft and the presence of combat vessels). I don't think that game went too deep, but you did have my attention because I was trying to get a grip on your style of play. :)

Chickenboy -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/11/2012 3:30:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

quote:

... Really wanting to play the Allies (for a HUGE change) so I can work the OTHER side of the mod.

Well, it won't be that huge a change. My memory banks remind me that you did play as the Allies in a WitP game a few years back. I don't recall your opponent, but I do recall that you continued your very aggressive style of play. You reinforced Wake Island with a Marine CD unit (and other assets, I believe, including aircraft and the presence of combat vessels). I don't think that game went too deep, but you did have my attention because I was trying to get a grip on your style of play. :)

Oh! Major spoiler! Ha! [:D]

John 3rd -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/11/2012 3:50:14 PM)

quote:

quote:

You are correct Sir. Despite your good ole Southern vintage, you have the memory of an elephant! I've played the Allies--precisely--twice. Both games only went about 6-8 weeks due to my style totally throwing off both opponents. It was FUN!

John 3rd -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/11/2012 3:50:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Oh! Major spoiler! Ha! [:D]

It proved to be a rather nasty surprise to my opponent!

John 3rd -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/11/2012 3:55:54 PM)

The above example is a reason why I'm looking for an experienced Japanese player! [:'(]

John 3rd -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/12/2012 3:51:16 PM)

Still open and I plan on starting an AAR to go with the game.

I PM'd both CRations and PH but got no replies.

XENXEN -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/13/2012 12:08:42 AM)

I am interested

John 3rd -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/13/2012 6:38:52 AM)

PM Sent

viberpol -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/13/2012 11:33:46 AM)

quote:

Still open and I plan on starting an AAR to go with the game.

I PM'd both CRations and PH but got no replies.

John,

While sending you a PM I've got an info that the message is undelieverable because your box is full...
Maybe that's a reason why you can't hear from other players? [;)]
Did you get my message?

------------------------------
Hi John,

Are you still looking for an opponent for you RA game?

I am interested of playing a Japanese side. I've got a long played PBEM going against Ross (Crsutton) starting from '41 we are in 9.44 now, playing it almost 3 years now ;) 3 years ago I had another opponent from the forum (ctangus, Chuck Angus) and we too had had a 3 years long PBEM, before I kicked the Ally a** in 7.44... ;)
So I am definetely not a quitter... but before I engage fully, I'd like to hear your rules/needs and some info what should I expect from RA etc. :)

As my current game seems to be closing towards the bitter end ;), I am looking for a really slow paced game and something more of a challenge with more options for Japan...
Right now I am fully engaged with my esteemed opponent so I can't promise something more that 1 - 3 turns a week.
But we can speed up a little, when my current PBEM will be ended.

Looking for your comments.

Best,
Arkadiusz Romanek

John 3rd -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/13/2012 2:45:34 PM)

Thank You for letting me know regarding my In Box. Everything forwards to my email so I NEVER look at it. Just deleted two pages of PMs so we're good there now.

I think you have a game Sir.

Would want to run an AAR? Have you downloaded RA?

John 3rd -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/13/2012 4:06:39 PM)

I think we are closed. Thanks.

Empire101 -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/13/2012 7:21:18 PM)

quote:

I think we are closed. Thanks.

Good luck John.

I was sorely tempted for the opportunity to play an such an esteemed player, but I'm already in a full blown campaign against my brother, and I think two PBEM games on my part only would lead to madness, and end up me not enjoying either because of the pressure!![sm=00000117.gif]

Look forward to reading the AAR,

Regards
Chris

John 3rd -> RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Player for RA (6/14/2012 6:18:38 AM)

Thank You Sir! Have fun with the sibling match!

BANZAI!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI