Formation objective tracks not loaded from XML file (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

Martin_Goliath -> Formation objective tracks not loaded from XML file (5/23/2012 8:06:49 PM)

I just noted that objective tracks for formations are not loaded when opening a XML scenario file in the editor, even though the information is present in the XML.
To check it you can do as follows:
(1) Open any SCE scenario file in the editor.
(2) Check 'Properties' - it should be valid.
(3) Save a game XML file.
(4) Do 'New scenario' to clear the editor (otherwise info remains when loading a XML)
(5) Load the XML.
(6) Check 'Properties' - editor will complain about missing objectives.
With 'editor' I refer to the built-in one.

Regards
Martin

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Formation objective tracks not loaded from XML file (5/23/2012 8:21:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarGol

I just noted that objective tracks for formations are not loaded when opening a XML scenario file in the editor, even though the information is present in the XML.
To check it you can do as follows:
(1) Open any SCE scenario file in the editor.
(2) Check 'Properties' - it should be valid.
(3) Save a game XML file.
(4) Do 'New scenario' to clear the editor (otherwise info remains when loading a XML)
(5) Load the XML.
(6) Check 'Properties' - editor will complain about missing objectives.
With 'editor' I refer to the built-in one.

Regards
Martin

Confirmed. I experienced this phenomena as well, but I thought it's not related to the inbuilt scenario editor. Never paid much attention during my Kharkov '43 - Operation Star & Gallop design phase. But yes, the .GAM as well as the .XML reloads have the objectives in the code but they're not being recognized when loaded and saved as .SCE.

Klink, Oberst

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI