Dealing with territory (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room

Beag -> Dealing with territory (5/23/2012 10:35:25 PM)

Hi there.

So, I recently got trouble in my game with the Mechanoids... pity, everything was going so well and suddenly a declaration of war. Playing as Zenox I have some good technology, but theirs is even better, in shields weapons etc.

Are they programmed to attact the player eventually? If I build a colony in a system with mining and gas stations, is that considered provocative? Even if it isnīt in their territory/sphere of influence? Looking at the relations tab Iīve got -42 relations due to "terrible" dealings in the past, but Iīve never refused any of their offers, specially because well, they donīt do any.

Jeeves -> RE: Dealing with territory (5/24/2012 4:02:23 PM)

Take your weapons off your freighters, that is probably the reason they are angry, armed ships in their home system. As compensation, design freighters with extra thrusters to get speed high enough to escape most pirates. I use 45 as speed for a rule of thumb.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Fishman -> RE: Dealing with territory (6/1/2012 11:53:09 AM)

You can still put weapons on freighters? I thought they imposed that arbitrary rule just to annoy me ages ago, stopping my fleet of Merchant Battlecruisers. Those were beautiful, watching the AI go pick a fight with them only to be mauled to death by an enraged swarm of dozens of merchie battlecruisers, each of them packing enough firepower to toast their entire fleet on its own. And 45? What are you, an old granny? My baseline speed is about 140 for civs, otherwise my freaking cargo doesn't get delivered in a timely fashion, with 150-200 for warships.

Jeeves -> RE: Dealing with territory (6/1/2012 2:28:40 PM)

Hmm, are you using a mod? I get about 70-80 on warships using Sluken thrusters, so how do you get over 100 and still have room for payload?

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Fishman -> RE: Dealing with territory (6/6/2012 3:38:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeeves

Hmm, are you using a mod? I get about 70-80 on warships using Sluken thrusters, so how do you get over 100 and still have room for payload?
Nope, no mod. I do, however, build some pretty monstrous warships, because of said payload requirements, though. When you figure you need about 300 spaces worth of weapons, and maybe another 300 spaces worth of shields and other auxiliary systems on top of the standard 50% engines, that means you're looking at a minimum size of 1200 to get a ship that's capable of accomplishing anything useful. That, or you need to upgrade your thrusters.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI