V2.1 is out! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

derwho -> V2.1 is out! (11/30/2002 3:13:30 PM)

Just leeched the mama, 1.75Mb @ 200Kb/s ;D

Great work David, Ross and all you other guys at Matrix!

Von Rom -> (11/30/2002 3:30:44 PM)

If that's the case, then why isn't it listed on the Matrix site?

I don't see v2.1. . .

derwho -> (11/30/2002 3:34:27 PM)

Because I was propably the first one to leech it. The official anouncement came only 15min after my download. Try TrueUpdate or ftp, it's there. And remember to fix your savegames, I nearly posted to the bug-forums because I lacked the patience to read the info concerning saves ;D

David Heath -> (11/30/2002 3:37:11 PM)

Please READ THE NOTES that come with the patch or you will have problems with Saved Games...... after a little sleep I be back.

David

Von Rom -> (11/30/2002 3:37:42 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by drwho
[B]Because I was propably the first one to leech it. The official anouncement came only 15min after my download. Try TrueUpdate or ftp, it's there. And remember to fix your savegames, I nearly posted a to the bug-forums because I lacked the patience to read the info concerning saves ;D [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi :)

LOL

I just finished posting that message when I saw the official announcement. . .

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm going to wait to download it instead of using the true-updater. . .

Cheers!

jrcar -> (11/30/2002 3:59:30 PM)

Just tried True Update but it wants to download the 42 meg ver 2 patch (Which I already did using true update). I can't get anonymous logon to the server. Can someone email to me?

Thanks DrWho, thats all it took :)

I REALLY dislike trueupdate....

Cheers

Rob

fcooke -> Same issue (11/30/2002 4:03:48 PM)

True Update is trying to download the 40+ MB patch for me as well.....

derwho -> (11/30/2002 4:09:28 PM)

For you guys who don't know how to use FTP, I mirrored the V2.1 patch:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~drwho/UVPatchv210.zip

Unzip & Run the .exe

jrcar -> (11/30/2002 4:15:11 PM)

Thanks DrWho, its going fine :)

Cheers

Rob

fcooke -> Thanks (11/30/2002 4:24:03 PM)

Thanks from here as well D. Patch is now installed and I'm ready to spend the day UVing.

Von Rom -> (11/30/2002 4:27:46 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by drwho
[B]For you guys who don't know how to use FTP, I mirrored the V2.1 patch:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~drwho/UVPatchv210.zip

Unzip & Run the .exe [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks drwho. You're a good man. I'm glad I checked back in the forum before I logged off. I also hate using trueupdate.

Cheers!

Mike Wood -> Re: Thanks (11/30/2002 4:30:58 PM)

Hello...

Hope you enjoy it.

Have Fun...

Michael Wood
Lead Programmer
Matrix Games

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fcooke
[B]...Patch is now installed and I'm ready to spend the day UVing. [/B][/QUOTE]

USSMaine -> (11/30/2002 6:06:25 PM)

for the Steve Martin fans:) The new phone book is here !! The new phone book is here !! THANKS !!

Luskan -> (11/30/2002 7:34:49 PM)

Dr Who, you're a beautiful man . . . . in a completely non sexual way ;)

Diealtekoenig -> Possible Solution to True Update Problem (12/1/2002 2:10:56 AM)

I am not sure if this is the cause of the problem (there may be more than one) but are the people having trouble running WinXP?

Many people with WinXP, including me, have an Administrator User and an "Ordinary" User, and usually are logged on as the "Ordinary" user with reduced privileges (to keep busybody programs from rearranging things you don't want rearranged)

When I first tried to update to the new version I was logged to my machine as an Ordinary User and the v2.10 Update file gave me an error message it could not create some text file "Uncommon Valor Setup Log.txt. However after giving me that message it did then proceed to offer me the ability to run the upgrade anyhow.

I decided not to run the upgrade, logged off, logged on as Administrator, ran the update file and did NOT get the error message when logged on with full Administrator privileges. After installing v2.10 True Update works fine (before that it kept trying to re-download v2.00. 9I got version 2.10 straight from the FTP site))

I realize there may be more going on, but is the problem that True Update looks at that file: Uncommon Valor Setup Log.txt and that file cannot be updated if the user is logged on under Win XP in an account without full priveleges?

reg113 -> tnkx (12/1/2002 6:24:14 AM)

Thank you bunches, Drwho.:)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI