RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star

budd -> RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (6/9/2012 8:51:03 PM)

thx again,

How do get the troops to ambush. The russians keep rolling up on me with tanks and i have no at guns or tanks. I get my troops close, [several groups nitetime], and try to get them to assault but no luck so far. I'm also still working on using arty, had some infantry guns in a valley and the commander on a hill with good line of site. Kept plotting fire and waiting for it to fall. After several attempts with no luck i Q key the guns and watch them fire right into the hillside over and over again,,,guess they couldn't elevate the guns enough to shoot out of the valley?

Redmarkus5 -> RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (6/9/2012 10:03:44 PM)

To set an ambush, I first assign a firing arc and then right click on the bullet icon, telling the unit to hold fire. When a tank rolls right into the middle of them, most infantry have either AT grenades or Molotovs and they can take out a tank.

Also, I tell my AT guns not to fire on infantry. This keeps them hidden longer and saves ammo. Make sure you protect your AT guns with infantry.

I can't judge the artillery situation you describe. Save the games once you have setup and keep replaying them with different dispositions until it works for you. Artillery definitely works and is very effective in APOS.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (6/9/2012 10:08:06 PM)

My artillery firing effectively during my ongoing campaign.

I just noticed that the gun closest to the trees is hitting the treetops, so next time around I have to be a bit more careful about siting my guns.

[image]local://upfiles/27287/DE8394D5BB494A81BA6EA7C4CB6E6E9D.jpg[/image]

Redmarkus5 -> RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (6/9/2012 10:19:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Thx guys the V key thing works, another question? This line from the tactics manual.

Hold [SHIFT] while choosing destination point to set a succession of orders.

I see the plus sign when i atttempt this, but it doesnt appear to be a waypoint thing, what sort of succession of orders would this be used for?

hope nobody minds the questions, there will be more. the base controls are pretty quick to learn, the more complex stuff is what im trying to come to grips with. Thank you.

I have tested this now using both vehicles and infantry. Although the route and way points are not marked on the map, the units do follow the path set.

budd -> RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (6/9/2012 11:39:17 PM)

I think the hill the infantry guns were behind probably to steep, but the shots werent even close to clearing the hill....i'll try again. going to play with the ambush thing...kill me some tanks. On the way point thing did you try changing orders between waypoints? Like move fast to here, taken hidden route here and then defend here.. i'll give it a shot see how it comes out.Thx again for the help and info.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (6/10/2012 9:00:35 AM)

quote:

I think the hill the infantry guns were behind probably to steep, but the shots werent even close to clearing the hill....i'll try again. going to play with the ambush thing...kill me some tanks. On the way point thing did you try changing orders between waypoints? Like move fast to here, taken hidden route here and then defend here.. i'll give it a shot see how it comes out.Thx again for the help and info.

Trajectory is modeled realistically, so there will be tings your artillery cannot do. I expect the will have a minimum range for plunging fire and once the enemy gets too close the only option will be the fire over open sights - this requires a good field of fire.

I didn't try different orders at the different way points - you have to hold down the CTRL key while clicking each way point, so I assumed that adding different orders along the way wouldn't work.

budd -> RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (6/10/2012 5:51:22 PM)

I'll test it again.. i could be wrong..but try this. On the op map, hold the shift[thats the key for me] set some orders. make sure the circle button is on[i think you have to hit it twice to get the waypoints to show]then do a different unit and then go back to the other unit and while holding the shift key give some more orders and i believe it adds them on. i'll check it again to be sure.

On a side note does anyone know what orders the headlights are on and when they are off? does it state anywhere what the difference is between orders like hunt, recon, the ones that come up when you hit space bar that aren't with the other buttons?

budd -> RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (6/10/2012 6:18:07 PM)

I did a quick test and it seems to work, as long as you hold the shift key while giving more orders, otherwise your just giving a new order. The lines on the op map are even different colors depending on the order.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (6/10/2012 10:01:40 PM)

quote:

I did a quick test and it seems to work, as long as you hold the shift key while giving more orders, otherwise your just giving a new order. The lines on the op map are even different colors depending on the order.

Very good to know that. This is an area I hadn't explored yet.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (6/10/2012 10:35:36 PM)

To confirm what Budd reported...

That should read RIGHT-CLICK way points :)

[image]local://upfiles/27287/4198107676A64E169C3492CA5962CCA3.jpg[/image]

budd -> RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (6/10/2012 11:24:49 PM)

where did you get the game redmarkus? i got mine at GG. Seems silly to have different controls for different versions. Mine is the shift key.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: TOP FEW KEYBOARD COMMANDS (6/11/2012 8:21:25 AM)

quote:

where did you get the game redmarkus? i got mine at GG. Seems silly to have different controls for different versions. Mine is the shift key.

I also have the GG version. Both Shift AND CTRL work the same for me when setting waypoints...

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI