Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.16 now Available! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Andrew Loveridge -> Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.16 now Available! (6/4/2012 6:21:07 PM)

Hello all,

More changes and improvements are in the works for Distant Worlds Legends. There is a new Beta version in the Members Club. Changes are listed below with a link to the previous changes. Let us know how this works for you.

v1.7.0.16 Beta – July 20th, 2012

CRASH FIXES

• Fixed rare crash when zooming out to galaxy-level
    • Fixed rare crash when checking colony resource bonuses
    • Fixed rare crash when open Troops screen
    • fixed crash when editing development level on super-high quality planets (185+)
    • Fixed crash when start new game after reverting from Theme with many custom races

MODDING

• Lowered required file permissions for reading custom Empire Policy files - this should ensure that these customized files are always used when their Theme is enabled. Also should no longer matter whether customized file properties are read-only or read-write

DESIGNS

• Fixed bug where abandoned ships would sometimes have multiple different reactor types in their designs
    • Altered order in which components are dropped off AI military ship designs when attempting to fit within construction size limits (armor is now higher priority to keep)

OTHER

• Improved stickiness of defense fleets to defend target
    • HyperStop Gravity Well Projectors now also stop pirates from jumping close to target
    • Fixed situation where too many mining ships of the same empire were clustering around a single planet/moon/asteroid

v1.7.0.15 Beta – June 4th, 2012

Crash Fixes

• Improved memory management to further minimize out of memory crashes.
    • Fixed rare crash when new resource appears at colony.
    • Fixed rare crash when evaluating ship commands.
    • Fixed crash when using game editor to change development level on highly-developed planet (160+).

Other

• Fixed bug where Shakturi would sometimes not declare war on the Ancient Guardians (Return of the Shakturi storyline).
    • Fixed bug where some ship designs would be repeatedly auto-created even when no new components researched.
    • Fixed bug where bombarded planets (zero population) were often becoming lost colonies that could be reacquired when visited.
    • Fixed bug where other empires were asking you to remove military forces from system when they were no longer present.
    • Fixed bug where you could sometimes still colonize planets that were outside colonization range.
    • Fixed display bug when describing happiness bonus from ruins in Colonies screen.
    • Gas clouds with gas mining stations now properly excluded from potential mining locations in Empire Navigation Tool and Expansion Planner screen (note that gas clouds allow more than one empire to build gas mining stations at them - but only one per empire).
    • Can now build both mining stations and resort bases at same location if scenery at location.
    • Added ‘Move to Top’ button in construction queues on Ships and Bases screen.

1.7.0.14 changes

Gareth_Bryne -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/4/2012 7:00:19 PM)

quote:

Fixed bug where bombarded planets (zero population) were often becoming lost colonies that could be reacquired when visited.

Well, in my opinion, that would be nice to have been left as a feature[:)], it's like survivors come out of underground shelters...

quote:

Fixed display bug when describing happiness bonus from ruins in Colonies screen.

And I hope Gardens of Arcadia give more than a measly +1 happiness per planet...
quote:

Added ‘Move to Top’ button in construction queues on Ships and Bases screen.

Nice!

Kayoz -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/4/2012 7:02:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

• Fixed bug where other empires were asking you to remove military forces from system when they were no longer present.
  • Fixed bug where you could sometimes still colonize planets that were outside colonization range.

Huzzah!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

• Can now build both mining stations and resort bases at same location if scenery at location.
  • Added ‘Move to Top’ button in construction queues on Ships and Bases screen.

Double huzzah!

Kayoz -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/4/2012 7:12:04 PM)

Seems to work... but...

[image]local://upfiles/36946/62ACCA6A25254703A4187BE3EE625D10.jpg[/image]

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/4/2012 7:32:13 PM)

Dang, time for a new game.

Bebop Cola -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/4/2012 7:46:41 PM)

Woot! If I wasn't running on only an hour of sleep in two days I might manage to load it when I get home from work. Might be tomorrow instead...

Much appreciated, guys!

Andrew Loveridge -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/4/2012 7:50:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayoz

Seems to work... but...

Thanks for noting that, it will be fixed for the release.

Beag -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/4/2012 8:12:12 PM)

Classic question, will it work with 1.14 savegames?

Great work, had trouble with the "fleet that isnīt there" bug screwing relations.

MartialDoctor -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/4/2012 8:29:46 PM)

Andrew,

Did those two other bugs I reported on the 28th and 29th not make it in time for this update? The one regarding fleets moving out of position is especially annoying...

Beag -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/5/2012 3:36:40 AM)

Another thing that might need some analysis. Iīve noticed that if I auto-upgrade designs even after having decent ship sizes (above 400) and the relevant counter-measure and targeting techs, the components arenīt placed in the design. Makes me wonder if the AI doesnīt uses those in their designs after having the tech (canīt tell for sure since I donīt use scanners in my ships).

ceyan -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/5/2012 4:57:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beag

Another thing that might need some analysis. Iīve noticed that if I auto-upgrade designs even after having decent ship sizes (above 400) and the relevant counter-measure and targeting techs, the components arenīt placed in the design. Makes me wonder if the AI doesnīt uses those in their designs after having the tech (canīt tell for sure since I donīt use scanners in my ships).

Auto-upgrade does just that, upgrades your designs. It doesn't re-design them, just puts the newest versions of existing components on it (with some internal priority to equal level techs). If you let the AI actually control your designs they will use the newly researched components.

Edit:
Assuming you have those options enabled in the policy screen.

tjhkkr -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/5/2012 5:20:38 AM)

Thank you, as always!

MartialDoctor -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/5/2012 9:53:36 AM)

Oh, yes, and thanks! It was so late last night that I forgot to mention that [:'(]

It seems to be running more smoothly than the last beta too, which is great!

hewwo -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/6/2012 12:25:17 PM)

Nice!

Bebop Cola -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/6/2012 6:43:25 PM)

Did constructors get an AI update to pick up supplies when they run out partway through a job?

I ask because I've had a couple instances of a constructor apparently double-building a resort base as a planet with a scenic bonus. When this happens, one base is usually mostly finished and the other just started. The systems appear to have been clear of enemies so the only thing I can figure is that the construction ships ran out of supplies, ran off to pick up some more, but when they came back they started the build job over from scratch rather than continuing the previous job.

I only have the two examples so far, so I don't have enough information to know if it's a bug or just me overzealously queuing multiple constructors to build resort bases at the same location.

Falokis -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/6/2012 9:30:39 PM)

Not knocking this patch because it fixed issues for me, but it seems awful light for the time it took to be put out. Is this just a taste of something bigger you were trying to get out?

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/6/2012 10:17:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falokis

Not knocking this patch because it fixed issues for me, but it seems awful light for the time it took to be put out. Is this just a taste of something bigger you were trying to get out?

Codeforce are working on the next expansion pack.Hopefully we get details soon.

Falokis -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/6/2012 11:21:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

quote:

I remember them saying that. I didn't know if there was going to be anything "major" before the xpac or if all energy is going to it exclusively now.

MartialDoctor -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/7/2012 9:53:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MartialDoctor

Andrew,

Did those two other bugs I reported on the 28th and 29th not make it in time for this update? The one regarding fleets moving out of position is especially annoying...

Andrew, do you know the situation with these?

MartialDoctor -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/7/2012 9:55:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

quote:

Getting a bug-free version of the current game should take a much higher priority to work on a new expansion. The last time we had this issue, I stopped playing and at least one other player (cookiemonster) seems to have left. Cookiemonster spent what must have been hours finding, and reporting, bugs, only to be ignored. At least, this is the impression I got because I felt the same way.

You can't have a broken game and expect people to buy an expansion to it.

Edit: This post isn't meant to be too accusatory. Just pointing out my point of view.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/7/2012 3:40:12 PM)

MartialDoctor,

We did not intend to miss any issues with this build, but it sounds like we did. I'll do another pass and coordinate with Elliot. The intention is to get this to an official release version soon.

Regards,

- Erik

rogerbacon51 -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/7/2012 4:30:02 PM)

It seems the developers are busy at work. Maybe I've been lucky but I haven't had any of the crash issues being adressed and maybe only one or two of teh bugs. While this patch seems to focus on bug fixes it does add some new features as well. Two new features I'd like to see make their way into it would be:

Multiple criteria sorting for any sortable list. (shift click a second column to sort within the previous sort).

Buttons to recall fighters and bombers when multiple ships or fleets are suggested.

MartialDoctor -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/7/2012 6:14:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

MartialDoctor,

We did not intend to miss any issues with this build, but it sounds like we did. I'll do another pass and coordinate with Elliot. The intention is to get this to an official release version soon.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks, Erik. Appreciate it.

jlevans -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/7/2012 9:09:55 PM)

There was also some debate about whether the AI actually uses the adjusted policy files modified by players, when they are placed in the customization folder. Is it confirmed that this now occurs?

MartialDoctor -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/8/2012 4:02:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jlevans

There was also some debate about whether the AI actually uses the adjusted policy files modified by players, when they are placed in the customization folder. Is it confirmed that this now occurs?

Actually, I was starting to think this was an issue as well.

Shark7 -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/8/2012 2:52:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MartialDoctor

quote:

ORIGINAL: jlevans

Actually, I was starting to think this was an issue as well.

Actually, I think there is little debate, it seems to be more of a fact.

rogerbacon51 -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/9/2012 6:54:27 PM)

If I download this beta will I have to reinstall Distant Worlds when the actual patch is released?

Falokis -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/9/2012 8:07:02 PM)

I never have before. It's just always considered better to do a clean install.

rogerbacon51 -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/10/2012 2:23:31 AM)

I'm fairly new to this game. Based on past experience with patches, what would everyone say is the expected release date of the next official patch? I'm working on a couple of mods and I'm wondering if I should wait until the next patch before finishing them.

Falokis -> RE: Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.15 now Available! (6/10/2012 5:26:30 AM)

Around here they seem to do a ton of beta patches before an official patch is released. I think this is the 3rd or 4th beta patch without an official release yet.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI