A few questions from a new player. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room

GUI -> A few questions from a new player. (6/8/2012 7:56:07 AM)

Hi everyone.
I just got DWs and it's expansions yesterday and I've only played a little bit so far. A few questions have come up though....

1. Why do destroyers carry troops? Can you strip out troop capacity without problems?
2. Where do you see how much health/armour/etc other than shields a ship has?

Thanks in advance for any help. Also this game looks amazing.

Fishers of Men -> RE: A few questions from a new player. (6/8/2012 4:24:30 PM)

Welcome to the forum, GUI!! I hope you are enjoying DW with the expansions, plus the latest patch.

To add or subtract troop compartments, go to the ship design area, click on the component, and click on the increase or decrease arrows. There is no penalty to do so. The default ship of the larger classes do have these but I just remove them and use the troop transports to do the job.

I believe the health bar above each ship just lets us know the shield strength, only. Additional damage can be seen by checking each ship on its conponent screen to see which parts have been damaged or disabled. I just set the option to escape when each ship reaches a certain shield level to save it from total destruction.

I

GUI -> RE: A few questions from a new player. (6/9/2012 5:46:11 AM)

Thanks for the info. So its just a default that bigger ships carry troops just in case you want them to support an invasion. Seems fluffy but a little weird.

I'm starting to get to grips with how the game works now. Currently suffering from a steel shortage but everything else seems to be running well.

MartialDoctor -> RE: A few questions from a new player. (6/9/2012 8:53:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GUI

Thanks for the info. So its just a default that bigger ships carry troops just in case you want them to support an invasion. Seems fluffy but a little weird.

You can change it if you like. I didn't like it at first but now use them as well to transport troops. Otherwise, you have to buy more troops ships.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI