Fastest way to Rangoon (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Jorge_Stanbury -> Fastest way to Rangoon (6/13/2012 4:37:14 PM)

I have a question for an experienced Japanese player

What would be the fastest way to send a division from Thailand; lets say Bangkok to Rangoon? this assuming Singapore is still in British hands and therefore the naval route is out of question;

I see 3 options:
a) simply direct route: walk to Tavoy and then north
b) rail to ChiangMai and walk to Pegu
c) rail to Pisanoluke and walk to Moulmein

all seems to be super slow.. and might make sense to use them all to avoid stacking too many units in the same area

pharmy -> RE: Fastest way to Rangoon (6/13/2012 6:08:25 PM)

I'll check with my lcu unit history, but B. Chiangmai is slow that Singapore always falls first and I'm already landing in pegu
Rahaeng/Phitsanuloke to Moulmein is quicker but you should use all your units, since its hard to take on its own.

Last Christmas I took Highway 1 to Chiangmai, that took about 8 hour and from any point Burma was about hours away

pharmy -> RE: Fastest way to Rangoon (6/13/2012 6:39:10 PM)

Its all in the zip file - 3 units 3 directions

OK EDIT 71 days(you can minus 15 if you use Chiangmai as starting point) days for the 112th Regiment out of which (there final destination was one hex above Pegu, as I wanted to cut the supply line

45 days with strat from Nakhon Sri Thammarat for RTA1 to reach hex next from Phitsanuloke ( I didnt enter because it had too many units evacuated by the brits and I wanted to surround it and have them surrender so I wont have to go junglehunting)

The 6th RTA Div took Chumphon Prachuap Kiri Khan routo Mergui and Tavoy and did it in 85 days (again I wanted a siege so I stooped at the gates of Moulmein)

From Moulmein its only 5-6 days to Pegu , and Pegu is two to Rangoon

Edit - so its Rahaeng to Moulmein and then north to Pegu

Jorge_Stanbury -> RE: Fastest way to Rangoon (6/13/2012 9:40:46 PM)

Thanks, that is a lot of useful information

I am now thinking it might be better to postpone the main Burma invasion until Singapore falls; maybe focusing on consolidating some postions like Tavoy, Pt Blair and Chiang Mai airbase

Phanatikk -> RE: Fastest way to Rangoon (6/14/2012 1:10:13 PM)

Wasn't The Road to Rangoon a Bob Hope/Bing Crosby movie? <g>

Andar -> RE: Fastest way to Rangoon (8/21/2012 5:23:20 PM)

Practice, practice, practice.

Oh, wait. That's how to get to Carnegie Hall.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI