How have the forums been? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Tombstone -> How have the forums been? (12/3/2002 12:55:39 PM)

It's been an indecent period of time since I've visited the site... Can any of the old timers give me a run down on the major things that have happened in the last 6 months?

Tomo

Jacc -> (12/3/2002 7:42:53 PM)

Well,
everybody's waiting for CL eagerly. Very, very eagerly. The highlight of the past few months has been Panzer Leo's Head to Head (referred as H2H) mod for SPWAW, which is a must download. It changes graphics, sounds, some minor aspects, OOB, and is specially designed for head to head play. However, it also shines in Human vs. AI -combats.

AAR/DAR has been quite active, there have been funny games like M4 Jess vs. Belisarius, Jess having one M4 and Belisarius having one Jagdtiger or something. :D Jess tends to lose these games.

RockinHarry -> (12/3/2002 10:16:01 PM)

Hi Tomo,

yes ,..Panzer Leoīs H2H mod really is worth a try! :cool:

http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php

...now go and convert "North of the Psel" to H2H! Thatīll gonna be cool! :D ;) :cool:

chief -> (12/3/2002 10:33:24 PM)

Tombstone: Another change is that SPWAW has updated OOBs and is at version 7.1....use OOBs dated 4-7-02 for standard SPWAW. H2H version has its own OOB's. Just in case you missed this.:) :cool: Welcome back !

Orzel Bialy -> I heard a nasty rumor.... (12/4/2002 2:20:10 AM)

that Goblin has only changed his underwear once since your last visit! lol. :p

Orzel Strikes Again!!! :D

Goblin -> (12/4/2002 2:24:43 AM)

The problem with Eagles is that they are Bird-Brained...:rolleyes:

:p

Goblin

Orzel Bialy -> OK...that wasn't nice of me... (12/4/2002 2:27:30 AM)

I'll will from here on confine my Goblin Beating to the Pbem category!

Now, let's rumble!!! :mad:

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (12/4/2002 5:01:55 AM)

Hmmm nothing critically awesome that I can add for my own slant tombstone, beyond I have H2H and think it has earned a look.

In General wargaming, I think there are a few threads that might merit your interest.

Strategic Command came out, and I eventually dumped it.

Hearts of Iron lasted about a week under the heat lamp and seems to have fizzled. AI is lame.

Panzer Claws fared no better under scrutiny.

Combat Net was reworked and fixed up recently.

There were other threads that had as many responses as mine of course ....really heheh. Absent Minded Professor had some good ones.

I am currently targeting for my own interests the Battlefields forum as well as the UV forum (due to my disgust with non turn based games as of late).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI