Entrenchment (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series

whako -> Entrenchment (6/17/2012 7:35:28 PM)

I have a few questions that have been bothering me.

#1 Why after I enter an inf unit into a tench, I hit the little house button for enter, the next turn I have to re-enter that same trench when I haven't moved?

#2 What is the meaning of the circle with a line through the center when I scroll over a trench?

#3 Can I receive a +2 defence mod for an inf unit in a heavy woods hex that unit enters a trench in the same hex for another +2 def mod, then if I have enough AP's, entrench my unit in the same turn and receive an additional +1 mod to bring my def mod up to 5? Is this possible? [X(]

Thanks in advance

ericbabe -> RE: Entrenchment (6/17/2012 7:39:55 PM)

You shouldn't have to re-enter a trench on subsequent turns, unless perhaps you moved after entering. I'll see whether I can reproduce this.

The symbol means that wheeled vehicles cannot enter the hex.

If there is a trench in heavy woods, then I think you can do what you describe. I can't recall any trenches located in heavy wood hexes off-hand.

whako -> RE: Entrenchment (6/17/2012 8:15:04 PM)

Ok Eric I think I reproduced it.
It happens when I don't exit out of the game to desktop before starting another game. I played the map "Counter stoke". When you choose your units make sure you choose Pioneers units. Place those Pioneer units in a trench during setup, then further entrench them using 7 AP's. Come next turn you will have to re-enter the trench again.
Update: I stand corrected, I can reproduce it regularly with or without exiting to desktop. The Pioneer units are now taking an AP point away from me and not entrenching themselves. I enter the trench for the second time in one turn and the game will subtract an additional 1 AP. Then my trench modifier bonus of +2 is taken away from me. Again all of this is a result of my units not moving at all in that turn, I'm just using my AP's to defend in the same hex.
Cheers hope that helps[:)]

ericbabe -> RE: Entrenchment (6/18/2012 4:29:44 PM)

Is it that using "hasty entrenchment" when a unit is in a trench is causing the unit to leave the trench? Thanks for the report on this. I'll see if I can duplicate it based on your instructions.

whako -> RE: Entrenchment (6/19/2012 1:02:29 AM)

yes Eric you are correct, it is when I use "hasty entrenchment" when I already am in a trench.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI