was there any problem with Vista (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

Zap -> was there any problem with Vista (6/18/2012 10:58:21 AM)

I recently got my laptop loaded with the game. I was trying to use my laptop to play pbem games on the road. Is there any compatability problems with Vista and the Campaign Series? That is what my Laptop is loaded with.

Specifically when I get a turn from my opponents I see the file in its proper folderEast/West. When I try to play the turn the map will not show up.
Anybody have some suggestions. Appreciate your help. I'm just not very good with computer related matters

Jason Petho -> RE: was there any problem with ista (6/18/2012 2:58:30 PM)

Do you have the scenario files for that particular scenario?

Seems that it might be one that was downloaded.

Jason Petho

MrRoadrunner -> RE: was there any problem with ista (6/18/2012 5:45:59 PM)

I think Jason has it spot on.
When you loaded your game onto the new laptop all the custom added scenarios are not included. Only stock scenarios. If you were playing a custom the name will show up in your list of PBEM games but the map file is not in your folder.
Be sure to download the map/org/scn files that go with the scenario you are trying to play.

There are Vista problems. But, I do not think that is what you are experiencing this time.

RR

Zap -> RE: was there any problem with Vista (6/18/2012 6:58:42 PM)

Thank you for the quick reply.
The scenario in question was "Hamich ridge" I believe it is a stock scenario. What I did after my post was to reload the 1.04 update. Thinking that I may not have done it correctly the first time. This may be the problem. The next pbem turn I recieve will tell me if that was the problem.

What I did was do the turn on my desktop computer and sent it off. I then accessed my e-mail and grabbed the completed turn file, loaded it to my game file on the laptop.
It is now acting like it should. When I try to access it I get the error message that comes when you try and play a turn already completed.

So to be sure when I get my next e-mail turn I will download it to my laptop and see if I can play it. I will keep you posted

Zap -> RE: was there any problem with Vista (6/19/2012 5:52:23 AM)

Just to update. The problem was the 1.04 update not being installed correctly. I can now send and recieve turns on my laptop.
If I could only simplify the desktop and and zip files. Junk 2 drive helped me years ago on my desktop computer. So that when I downloaded the game files from my e-mails. They followed a path to a desktop file folder(which went directly to my east front west front game file folder.

Gilgawath1 -> RE: was there any problem with Vista (8/4/2012 10:08:31 PM)

I to have just installed my games on to a new laptop.

Running windows 7.

Everytime I send out a game file by e-mail my opponent can open and run the game when he returns it to me it will not open stating that there is a scenario problem. If however I run the game solo there is no problem!

Any help gratefully received.

Tony

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI