RED X error in ROTS as well (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

anthonykevinluke -> RED X error in ROTS as well (6/24/2012 10:53:29 AM)

Same as many below, using the new beta and game crashes with the dreaded "red X". This occurs as soon as ships shields are penetrated in combat. Please fix as game is clearly unplayable with this. Many thanks.

AKL

Bebop Cola -> RE: RED X error in ROTS as well (6/24/2012 7:17:37 PM)

I've never seen this even after playing many many hours of the beta. Do you get the debugger log that others have uploaded?

anthonykevinluke -> RE: RED X error in ROTS as well (6/25/2012 2:26:32 AM)

Debugger log? I assume that is the long error report that you can scroll through if you look at the details of the crash? If that is the case, yes, I have it and am happy to send it if someone wants to see it. Currently re-loaded DW and ROTS without the new beta patch and seeing what happens.

Regards,

AKL

frugaldude -> RE: RED X error in ROTS as well (6/27/2012 4:57:27 PM)

I have encountered this as well. It consistently happens after acquiring a discovered ship and then zooming in after it has been damaged.

Reverted to the previous version and have had no issues.

Running Vista

Ship building automatic

tjhkkr -> RE: RED X error in ROTS as well (6/28/2012 12:52:02 PM)

The question I have is: is this occuring with the ships provided by the game, or in a mod.
I have ONLY had this problem playing a mod... never with the base game...
It is usually the result of graphics files the system does not like.

anthonykevinluke -> RE: RED X error in ROTS as well (6/29/2012 7:39:54 AM)

Seems to be the latest Beta patch, the Star Wars Mod works fine without the patch.

Dracus -> RE: RED X error in ROTS as well (6/29/2012 1:18:40 PM)

it is likely the mod has not been updated for the beta patch. Modders will wait until an affical release before updtating. If you are going to play with the beta, you really shopuld not try to run mods.

elliotg -> RE: RED X error in ROTS as well (7/13/2012 3:00:32 AM)

Hi Tony

Thanks for the report.

It would be very helpful if you could provide the crash dump file at the following location (substitute your username and DW version in the path):

C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Code Force Limited\Distant Worlds\1.7.0.15\DW_CrashDump.txt

Just paste the contents of this file into the thread here.

Thanks
Elliot

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI