v4.6 Asterix (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Tortfeasor -> v4.6 Asterix (1/22/2001 12:27:00 PM)

If it is true that it says on versoin 4.6 that the Asterix on/off affects only your own display. Then the big question is who are going to play without!!! the Asterix if you dont know for certain if your enemy is going to use the Asterix ??? It says on v4.6.************************** http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1/ Added a toggle for the "asterisk" display, the hotkey is the asterisk key. (This only affects your own display, not that of your opponents). [This message has been edited by Tortfeasor (edited January 22, 2001).]

David Heath -> (1/22/2001 1:49:00 PM)

This has also been locked in PBEM games etc.

Tortfeasor -> (1/22/2001 1:49:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Tortfeasor: If it is true that it says on versoin 4.6 that the Asterix on/off affects only your own display. Then the big question is who are going to play without!!! the Asterix if you dont know for certain if your enemy is going to use the Asterix ??? It says on v4.6.************************** http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1/ Added a toggle for the "asterisk" display, the hotkey is the asterisk key. (This only affects your own display, not that of your opponents). If it is posible to vote for/against the Asterix then here is the No.1 vote against the Asterix. [This message has been edited by Tortfeasor (edited January 22, 2001).]

Tortfeasor -> (1/22/2001 1:56:00 PM)

Do you mean that if play against an enemy in a PBEM game and he chooses to have the asterix on, is it then "on" for mee too. (it should be the same for both players)
quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: This has also been locked in PBEM games etc.

Silvarius -> (1/22/2001 6:13:00 PM)

Well, sorry for that probably very stupid question, but what is this asterix ? I've never noticed any asterix on the map while playing ! Silvarius.

Tortfeasor -> (1/22/2001 6:21:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Silvarius: Well, sorry for that probably very stupid question, but what is this asterix ? I've never noticed any asterix on the map while playing ! Silvarius.
tchek what the is Asterix here. http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003463.html

Alby -> (1/23/2001 5:53:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Silvarius: Well, sorry for that probably very stupid question, but what is this asterix ? I've never noticed any asterix on the map while playing ! Silvarius.
If you look at your unit info at the bottom of the screen and see an asterisk by the units name, it means you have been spotted. This also appears in your unit menu

Larry Holt -> (1/25/2001 4:10:00 AM)

Originally I was against the asterix as I felt that it gave away too much situational awareness, that it was unrealistic. After reading the explaination in the manual about combat troops being more cautious and thinking about it I wonder if this is possible? Have some probablity that the asterix will appear when spotted but also when not, as a false sense that you are near the enemy, jitters. More experienced units would have a higher chance of the asterix being an accurate depection that the enemy is close (they sense something wrong, hear the lack of birds, see some animals running away in the distance, etc.) while less experienced units would get it right less often. I think that this would maintain a sense of combat tension without being unrealistic. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI