RE: Distant Worlds Extended (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

WoodMan -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (7/24/2012 10:15:09 PM)

Haree, I think you are supposed to be able to have 50 shipsets now aren't you? Modding guide adds new sets anyway [&:]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (7/25/2012 1:09:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

Haree, I think you are supposed to be able to have 50 shipsets now aren't you? Modding guide adds new sets anyway [&:]

So true Woodman. I'm repeating a quote I answered in another thread today concerning number of shipsets.

The shipset limit is 50 for Legends. The following must be adhered to though as stated in Elliot's
customization guide for Legends.

"If you add completely new ship image families then ensure that the sequence of folder names retains a continuous series of numbers. For example if you add a new ship image family folder named “family26”, you must also have folders named “family25”, “family24”, “family23”, etc – all the way back to “family0”." Hope this helps! [:)]

In addition, from my testing notes, the following applies since version 1.7.0.1:
"MODDING

extended limits to DesignsPictureFamilyIndex value in race files (new maximum is 50, not 22)
extended limits to DesignNamesIndex value in race files (new maximum is 50, not 13)"

Haree78 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (7/25/2012 10:44:44 PM)

My mind is blown, anyone know when this happened? I remember trying and it not working some time ago and I always read patch notes. Somehow this new feature has flown past me.

Now the real more important problem, I can't do these amazing ships that people create to add to my mod. I wish I could, would love to see my races have their own ships but unless I was to request ship sets from other people I cannot do it myself, not to a quality I would be happy to release anyway.

This makes me want to revisit my BSG mod and add it to DWE.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (7/26/2012 3:45:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Haree78

My mind is blown, anyone know when this happened? I remember trying and it not working some time ago and I always read patch notes. Somehow this new feature has flown past me.

Now the real more important problem, I can't do these amazing ships that people create to add to my mod. I wish I could, would love to see my races have their own ships but unless I was to request ship sets from other people I cannot do it myself, not to a quality I would be happy to release anyway.

It's probable that some of the testing additions/fixes may get inadvertently omitted from the public patch notes that are put out after a new beta Haree....don't feel bad! [8D]

Concerning your second comment, if I were you, I'd commandeer DATA to take some of his 'illegally
confiscated'
Ale stock and visit both Woodman and Kalthaniell's shipyards. Now don't get me wrong,
I'm NOT condoning thievery....just a bit of 'redistribution' maybe! [:-]

*.....Admiral Ruafo issues orders to cloak.....* [sm=scared0018.gif]

Kalthaniell -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (7/26/2012 10:20:45 AM)

quote:

quote:

g a quote I answered in another thread today concernin

I have no problem whatsoever with you using my shipsets for your races. It gives them more purpose if anything. I also have some shipsets I used way back, they are not as cool but they are good too. I believe I posted some of the ships from those as 'unused 1' and 'unused 2'. I could send them over too :)

Bleek -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (7/26/2012 5:48:22 PM)

Do it! It would make the mod more rounded, I'm going to have my first play with Extended this evening, looking forward to it.

adecoy95 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (8/10/2012 5:59:26 AM)

quote:

[image]http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/Haree78/Lipid.jpg[/image]

is that a picture of a water bear?

Kalthaniell -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (8/10/2012 11:01:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adecoy95

quote:

[image]http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/Haree78/Lipid.jpg[/image]

is that a picture of a water bear?

If the scientist ever make a human-sized version of this I'm moving out to mars....

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (8/10/2012 7:11:59 PM)

I'm shooting for Europa myself if that happens! (I want to be under that THICK layer of ice) [:)]

Fishers of Men -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (8/10/2012 8:18:17 PM)

Haree; I am using your mod and I am enjoying it very much. I have added seven new shipsets, one for each new race, to give them more uniqueness. I am looking forward to the "unknown" when meeting these new aliens for the first time in my current game. Thank you!

FoM

Haree78 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended 1.1 released (8/27/2012 6:08:22 PM)

1.1 Uploaded.
I recommend you update to this one, much better feel to the mod, and each race now flying in their own unique ships.

Martian -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended 1.1 released (9/2/2012 11:26:23 AM)

This mod is great! I am playing it now and it really enriches the gameplay and improves replayability. Adding nice new races to the game is always a good idea! Thank you very much, Haree! [sm=happy0065.gif]

Really, looking forward to see you reaching game's 50 races limit! Lets inhabit this galaxy to the full! [:D]

Haree78 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended 1.1 released (9/9/2012 6:58:57 PM)

I currently have 5 new races added to Extended (giving the game 34 races!). 2 of the races are done as minor races, the other 3 races change things up nicely with 1 of the 3 changing the way many games play out quite nicely :)
I will reveal more about the races soon but I just wanted to ask everyone how they felt about having minor races?
By minor races I mean the AI will do not very will with them and their win conditions are harder to meet. This means 1 of your random or set races will be a bit of a pushover or alternatively be a challenge to play. How do people feel about that? Would you prefer that I change their background and personality just to balance them?

Gareth_Bryne -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended 1.1 released (9/9/2012 7:53:08 PM)

Haree, IMHO there are such in the original DW. Look at the Atuuk, for instance.

Haree78 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended 1.1 released (9/9/2012 8:02:09 PM)

Yes definitely however in a way the AI can do OK with them. They make friends like crazy and breed like rabbits, so they spread like them.
Also the win conditions for Atuuk are tailored to them so they potentially achieve them, they are easy win conditions.

The races I am talking about don't have easy win conditions and are handicapped because of their personality. For example one of them are the Jintus, a rodent race mentioned in the Galactopedia. They have small man syndrome, they try to get alliances but also love to start fights but not actually fight them, they are little trouble makers. Their win conditions are based on this personality but the AI will always get himself in too deep when he plays them.
I have seen the AI do alright with them but they would never actually win whereas in big games I have seen the Atuuk with the biggest lead before because of a good starting position.

GI Seve -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/13/2012 7:07:47 AM)

Perhaps ye can make one new nation. I had this nation as sort of meanie in GalCiv2. It was modeled after minor rodent race called Snathi and named Űber Snathi. They are big mean space squirrels that have mentality of space pirates that want to take over the world. They breed like crazy, are furious ground fighters and have hyper squirrel powered industry to make big spaceships armed to the teeth to conquer all of the known universe. They may not be the brightest scientist and lack diplomatic finesse but they make it up by conquering and stealing tech from other races. It would probably be appropriate for them to have way of the darkness as starting gov as after all they were the last crazy attempt of the great dreadlords (the evil of galciv2) to get back at the universe.

Race: Rodent
Continental
+50 reproduction

-20 troop maintenance
-20 war weariness
+20 military production
-10% ship maintenance
+10 spies
-20 science
-20 trade
-20 diplomacy

Gold +10 happiness (more shiny things get women interested)
Carbon fibre -5 base maintenance on colonies
Vodkol +10 Reproduction rate in colonies (remember sex when drunk etc)

Extremely Agressive
Very Recless
Very Unfriendly
Extremely Intelligent (if this means they make good ship builds/strategem etc)
Very Unreliable

Government either Despotism or Way of the Darkness (after all they were created by the evil ones to destroy the galaxy). If WotD they should get -50 race science -> -20 science.

Generate Generals, Admirals, Spies +30
Generate Governors +0
Generate Scientists, Diplomats -30

Race Victory Conditions

- 30%: Conquer the most enemy colonies
- 25%: Destroy the most enemy troops in the galaxy
- 25%: Have the largest population in the galaxy
- 10%: Have the most troops in the galaxy
- 10%: Start the most wars in the galaxy

This race really needs to reproduce to be able to deal with hit on economy by lack of trade/diplomacy

Link to gakciv2 wiki about the race: http://galciv.wikia.com/wiki/Snathi
Race picture: http://www.galciv2.com/screenshots/gameplay/PowerD59.jpg
Their mentality: http://forums.galciv2.com/300935

P.S. For me at least it seems I have to re-enable this mod if the game manages to crash for some reason. Was having real weird issues like not able to talk to certain factions and/or pirates when I didn't notice the mod was not on.

Haree78 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/13/2012 6:09:24 PM)

I wont go against popular demand but I'm going to have to say I hated Galactic Civilizations attempts at comedy. I really don't want to inject a race in that is meant to be some kind of joke.

Haree78 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/13/2012 6:11:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GI Seve

P.S. For me at least it seems I have to re-enable this mod if the game manages to crash for some reason. Was having real weird issues like not able to talk to certain factions and/or pirates when I didn't notice the mod was not on.

If you crash it will lose your changes you made since starting the game, that's normal.
Not being able to talk to pirates/factions? Do you mean you somehow had the new races of extended but the mod reported to not be on in the Theme Selection menu?

GI Seve -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/13/2012 8:41:17 PM)

Current game was started with mod and new nations are there but when the mod was not on (as I didn't know crashing resets you back to vanilla) game just crashed when I tried to talk to modded pirates/nations.

Haree78 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/13/2012 8:45:52 PM)

That really shouldn't be happening.

Have you modified my mod at all?
What version of Distant Worlds Legends are you running?

GI Seve -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/13/2012 10:13:15 PM)

I think you are not exactly understanding what I mean so let me put it in separate phrases.

- I started game with extended activated. All races/pirates work fine.

- Game crashes (seems to me kinda too often for game that has been around for couple years)

- As the game crashed it seems extended was not enabled anymore and game was running vanilla theme

- Now when I started to play again (not knowing I was on vanilla) and tried to interact with pirate/extended mods race game just ctd

- After couple rerun attempts I noticed that I was on vanilla theme (extended not enabled) and I changed it to extended

- Game works fine again. At least until it crashes again tho this time I know to re-enable extended...

And no I didn't do anything to the mod.

Haree78 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/14/2012 12:17:05 AM)

I can only suggest it is a game version issue or you have a messed up install.

jpinard -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/14/2012 12:37:43 AM)

Haree78 - Since your races are so incredibly well-done and well balanced, I'm adding them to the Race & Ship database. Now did you change any statistics for the default races? Otherwise I'm wondering why you had to add the old race files to the mod?

Thanks! :)

Haree78 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/14/2012 12:40:19 AM)

Thank you very much dude :)
I didn't change any of the default races, I just left them in the directory because tbh I wasn't sure if I needed them there to be included in the mod, I think I do? lol
Should really test sometimes instead of choosing the lazy option ;)

jpinard -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/14/2012 12:47:48 AM)

I'll test it for you as I'm going to see just how many races I can get to work together. I'll post database as soon as I'm done.

GI Seve -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/14/2012 2:38:58 AM)

Am I sensing mod with 50 (was that max amount) of unique races in near(ish) future?

Haree78 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/14/2012 2:40:23 AM)

I'm at 34 on the next release :)

jpinard -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/14/2012 5:59:23 AM)

Ship & Race guide updated to include this mod:

Distant Worlds Ship & Race Guide plus Mods v2

Vasquez -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/14/2012 4:48:08 PM)

Started a new Campaign anyway and using this mod now :) I like Kalthaniell`s shipsets.

Small question here: Can I anyhow define which shipset I want to use for my empire as standard or must I to choose the icon for each design everytime by hand? That way its a bit to much micromanagement for me tho..

Haree78 -> RE: Distant Worlds Extended (9/14/2012 7:30:28 PM)

Vasquez the quickest way you could do it is to go to the race file of the race you are going to play and find this line in the file:
DesignsPictureFamilyIndex ;10
The number at the end is what ship family they are using. Then you can copy the ship family you want to use and put it in the \shipImages\ folder under the directory your race uses. so \family1\ \family2\
You would be changing the mod so the race would forever use that ship set even when the AI use it until you change it back. But when using the race yourself your ships will automatically choose that ship set.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI