replacing German MG unit icon with older Talonsoft Icon version (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Mods and Scenarios

big dawg -> replacing German MG unit icon with older Talonsoft Icon version (7/19/2012 2:27:14 AM)

Hello,

I had this problem 2-3 years ago and someone posted the directions but I guess that post was lost/deleted. There was a post at Matrix a few years ago explaining in detail how to convert the icon. I tried to find it but could not.

I do not want to step on anybody's toes. I appreciate the hard work that goes into creating scenarios and the unit icons.

I am not a big fan of the German MG unit. I know there is a retro unit that looks like a MG on a box. I prefer the Talonsoft version to the MG that came in JTCS version.

"Warhorse" (Mike) sent me the 2 icons (EF & WF) I downloaded them to the EF & WF directory but that did not fix the problem. I think there is something else I have to do.

The icons are file Up01213 in EF and file Up01238 in WF. (German MG units).

Any help would be appreciated.

THANKS!

4rakbtl32 -> RE: replacing German MG unit icon with older Talonsoft Icon version (7/19/2012 11:55:21 AM)

Look at the special folder, there is a mg icon too. Replace this with the new and you have the right icon in game

junk2drive -> RE: replacing German MG unit icon with older Talonsoft Icon version (7/19/2012 3:24:35 PM)

I bumped up the old thread for you.

big dawg -> RE: replacing German MG unit icon with older Talonsoft Icon version (7/19/2012 11:01:25 PM)

Thanks Junk. YES that was the post I was looking for. I also changed "special folder. Thank you 4rakbtl32 too!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI