Hide smoke? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront

BootyJoe -> Hide smoke? (7/29/2012 5:22:09 PM)

Just got PZO on the summer sale and love it. I checked the hotkey list but cannot find anyway of hiding smoke. I really think such a function would be useful. In close combat in buildings you often have a lot of smoke around, put down as preparation for close combat, and it is impossible to see my own units - not to mention the enemy 5 m away from my fellows! Is there anyway of temporary hiding smoke? A second remark is the absence of a "hunt" command - ordering a unit to move but stop and engage as soon as contact is made and then continue moving - I really miss that kind of order. But I guess you can't get everything. Thanks for a great game!

junk2drive -> RE: Hide smoke? (7/29/2012 5:30:22 PM)

Pretty realistic huh? Just kidding, toggle key would be nice.

Two things to try, use the I key to turn the overhead icons on and off to see if that makes the icon catch your eye, second is use the / and ' to make the units large temporarily.

junk2drive -> RE: Hide smoke? (7/29/2012 5:32:56 PM)

For the Hunt or Move to Contact command from CM, try Advance. That is more cautious than Move and allows for fire while moving.

rickier65 -> RE: Hide smoke? (7/29/2012 6:32:10 PM)

In addition to the Advance command, you can also try setting your SOP for your unit to cautious. Though that might also result in them withdrawing when they come in contact, depending on the relative strength of the enemy they contact.

Thanks
Rick

BootyJoe -> RE: Hide smoke? (7/29/2012 7:17:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

In addition to the Advance command, you can also try setting your SOP for your unit to cautious. Though that might also result in them withdrawing when they come in contact, depending on the relative strength of the enemy they contact.

Thanks
Rick

Would that get the unit to actually stop movement and engage? What I am getting at here is the negative accuracy modifier for moving. Even using the advance order units still don't stop and engage rather continue moving at half speed firing and still getting negative movement to-hit penalty.

Thanks for the help guys!
"Everyone imposes his own system as far as his army can reach"
Joseph Stalin

rickier65 -> RE: Hide smoke? (7/29/2012 8:32:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BootyJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

Thanks
Rick

Would that get the unit to actually stop movement and engage? What I am getting at here is the negative accuracy modifier for moving. Even using the advance order units still don't stop and engage rather continue moving at half speed firing and still getting negative movement to-hit penalty.

Thanks for the help guys!
"Everyone imposes his own system as far as his army can reach"
Joseph Stalin

That's true, with an advance order, the units won't stop. You could set some squads in the platoon to advance just a short distance while others go farther. Those that stop could then provide overwatch.
Thanks
rick

Mobius -> RE: Hide smoke? (7/29/2012 9:51:21 PM)

quote:

A second remark is the absence of a "hunt" command - ordering a unit to move but stop and engage as soon as contact is made and then continue moving - I really miss that kind of order.
As Junk2 and Rick stated some of that effect can be achieved with the combination of an order and SOP setting. Defend, Advance and Withdraw are orders a unit can fire while moving. (Though there seems to be a bit of a delay for firing to commence for Defend and Withdraw.) I don't know the to-hit penalty but I assume it to be less the slower a unit moves.

Mobius -> RE: Hide smoke? (7/30/2012 6:54:33 PM)

quote:

A second remark is the absence of a "hunt" command - ordering a unit to move but stop and engage as soon as contact is made and then continue moving - I really miss that kind of order.
I would prefer the German Advance move to work more like this. Though it would be optimal if the tanks fired a second time before moving on as the first shot is less accurate. To call this action 'hunt' seems a little strange.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI