2 questions about in-game messages (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jmalter -> 2 questions about in-game messages (8/20/2012 3:54:34 AM)

i'm in Apr '43 of a DBB_B game vs. the IJ AI.

1) from 7 Dec 41 until early Apr 43, the game cycled thru the 'ROUTINE AIR OPERATIONS' phase 7 times at the beginning of each turn. now, its only doing 6 cycles. is my game munged, or is there useful intel that i can assume (such as, the AI's air units have abandoned a portion of the map).

2) at the end of each turn, the msg 'Ace pilot <name> has been promoted to <rank>'. does this promotion include any useful increase in skill or exp, or is it just chrome?

JeffroK -> RE: 2 questions about in-game messages (8/20/2012 6:38:54 AM)

1) You mean there is more than 1 cycle!! Never counted them before.

2) Use Tracker, it details any changes in leadership values, though I dont think exp. You can still follow that sort of change in Tracker in a different table.

jmalter -> RE: 2 questions about in-game messages (8/20/2012 6:46:41 AM)

hmm, tracker only reports exp of individual pilots, it don't display their skills.

also ughfortunately a graphics-chip failure forced me to downgrade to my 2ndary (less-capable) laptop, which doesn't have the oomph needed to run AE & tracker concurrently, a massive PITA.

Puhis -> RE: 2 questions about in-game messages (8/20/2012 6:51:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmalter

2) at the end of each turn, the msg 'Ace pilot <name> has been promoted to <rank>'. does this promotion include any useful increase in skill or exp, or is it just chrome?

Nothing useful, it's just a rank. "Old" pilots get promotions no matter their skill or experience. I think you only get message when an ace or a leader is promoted.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI