Spotting Enemys (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support

H.J. Simpson -> Spotting Enemys (8/29/2012 10:50:37 AM)

Hei,
Hope you guys can help me, playing H2H tld as alies and i am never eibel to spott hidden enemies, i think this might be a bug becouse even in 30m distance i cant spot them when they fire like mad at my troops. Seems particulary bad in houses, where they are more ore less invisible unless they move about. This just seems all wrong imo.

aaaaburn -> RE: Spotting Enemys (10/6/2012 8:51:27 PM)

You might want to mix up tactics a bit. If the enemy is hidden, they are hidden and will most likely see you running at them. 30m is ~90 feet. Its not that hard to be a defender and be hidden from troops 90 feet away IRL.
1. Try running to houses or other good cover areas and then leave your squads on defend for 30 sec to scout the area. The repeat to get where your going.

2. Another tactic is shoot blind into suspected area 1 time to stir up any defenders. Then move.

Hargrem -> RE: Spotting Enemys (11/22/2012 10:48:55 PM)

This is normal and I think enhances gameplay - if you could spot your enemies straight away, then that would remove a lot of the challenge. Also, when you're defending, you get the same benefit...
Try not to over manage when your troops fire - they will always fire (unless in ambush) if they have a decent chance of inflicting casualties (as per the chance tables the game uses) and you will find they will often fire at targets you can't see but they can. These days, I rarely give my units fire orders - if you leave the firing to them, they will also use less ammunition, instead I focus more on unit movement and co-ordination.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI