stupid newbie - can't figure how to colonize (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

serg3d1 -> stupid newbie - can't figure how to colonize (8/31/2012 11:13:04 PM)

Just started playing and can't figure how to make a new colony. Built colony ship, bought location from pirats, what now? In exploration planning window there is no possible colonies, in colony ship menu no build colony option...

Nedrear -> RE: stupid newbie - can't figure how to colonize (8/31/2012 11:23:30 PM)

It may be part of another empires zone of influence. You need to be at war to defy their territory.

Modest -> RE: stupid newbie - can't figure how to colonize (9/1/2012 10:25:23 AM)

Also, if it is a planet without any population, You must posses a proper technology in order to colonise. Is it a type of planet You should be able to colonise?

szabferi -> RE: stupid newbie - can't figure how to colonize (9/1/2012 3:56:26 PM)

Use the Expansion Planner (3rd icon on the top as far as I remember), it will reveal you all the possible planets. Then you have the buttons of the bottom of the panel to either build and send a colony ship or send an existing one there.

Overall, you should really consider which planet you will colonize. Bad quality planets and/or planets without useful resources are useless and just eating up valuable resources of your empire. So th expansion planner is invaluable tool to pick your targets.

Nedrear -> RE: stupid newbie - can't figure how to colonize (9/1/2012 4:21:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: szabferi

Bad quality planets and/or planets without useful resources are useless...

Except they are border territory or stepping stones to secure your border towards more useful resources!

serg3d1 -> RE: stupid newbie - can't figure how to colonize (9/1/2012 4:52:39 PM)

The problem was the potential colony was not visible in Expansion Planner. I just restarted game and can colonize now. Seems was some kind of bug.

szabferi -> RE: stupid newbie - can't figure how to colonize (9/1/2012 4:57:51 PM)

Well... you right, especially if you play with colonization distance limit settings like me :D

Normally if I need a stepping stone, I just find a gas cloud and build a refuel/repair point there. No need to have a colony to be able to start an invasion.

Nedrear -> RE: stupid newbie - can't figure how to colonize (9/1/2012 5:12:50 PM)

The stepping stone meant increasing your border to connect with the new colony north to make it impossible for the enemy to take anything.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI