Types of War for Russians (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront

z1812 -> Types of War for Russians (9/7/2012 1:09:32 PM)

I would appreciate it if some could tell me what the " science of war" means and what the "art of war " means. It would be useful to also know how these behaviours affect gameplay. I presume that without either the Russians play like the Germans.

I have searched these forums and the various PCO documents but I have found nothing to define each state and their differences.

Mobius -> RE: Types of War for Russians (9/7/2012 1:55:02 PM)

I refer back
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2825440&mpage=1&key=science�

z1812 -> RE: Types of War for Russians (9/7/2012 5:14:49 PM)

Thanks for the link!!

Mobius -> RE: Types of War for Russians (9/15/2012 3:58:42 PM)

I had this litte blub saved about Soviet Science of War.
quote:

Seminal to the structure of Soviet military theory is the Marxist perception that the historical process is governed by discoverable laws in much the same way that natural processes are governed by discoverable laws of nature. According to this perception, laws are defined as "... the essential, stable or repetitious interrelationships according to which the seemingly chaos of observable historical phenomena or facts interact" Although observed facts and phenomena have a number of interrelationships, not all are essential or repetitious. Thus, relationships that are unique to a specific event, even if they were critical to that event, do not qualify as laws and are therefore scientifically unimportant.

They see the laws of nature governing war are discoverable, thus scientific.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI