Just picked it up (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3

NefariousKoel -> Just picked it up (12/12/2002 7:42:15 AM)

I love it. Unlike others, I've picked up on pretty much the whole thing without reading much of the pdf manual.

There are a few questions I have, however. I will start with one.

How do you order a ship to a certain planet?

In my first game there was a relic sitting around without any defenders. IIRC I took them out with my scout, but he didn't snatch the relic. It would pop up on my 'Important Missions' in the helm menu for that ship, but I couldn't get him there. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nefaro

startrekdork -> (12/12/2002 1:40:46 PM)

i so want this game to do good, i want people to make mods for it

looks heres what you do

1. you select the ship in question
2. you click the button that brings u to the big map of the galaxy
3. u select the system on the map like if its the sol system u click on it
4. then u click on the navigation button which will bring it up and give u all the options for that system, for example if u select one of ur own systemsand then the navigatebutton u can tell ur ships to patrol that system if you select an enemy system you can order them to raid

if you have any other questions i can probably answer them.
just my general strategies i picked up on my own and from reading this forum:
1. focus on one type of weapons research, speficially the laser beam one. maybe u could research some others and bring them along also, but if you research missiles you can only carry like five of them around before the ship automatically returns to base to re arm which sucks
2. you should also focus on getting as many planets under you control initially, and i mean fast like one system after another trying to get wisdom artifacts to advance through the ages
3. make first contact with a bunch of people blah blah but try and single one race out and ally with them, preferably the biggest race out there with the most ships and systems under their control
4. so you want to attack a planet hey. send in every ship you have and i mean all of them some of them just so they can draw fire for the bigger ships
also before attacking a planet make sure you have all of your ships with all of the latest components. that nice new multiphasic shielding thatll protecter you from their advanced phasor beams.

i shouldnt say any other tips otherwise i might take away from the game, but use artifacts wisely, instant research for stuff that takes forever thats important. and remember, always spy spy spy spy. but give them time to let the heat cool off otherwise the authorities will be all over your spies. :cool:

Matt Erickson -> (12/17/2002 11:07:11 AM)

I just bought it too but me thinks my cd version is 2.0 am I wrong in this? havent played it yet but I'm sure I'll enjoy it:cool:

David Heath -> (12/17/2002 12:09:27 PM)

Hi Matt

If it is in a miniFVF box its version 2.0

Matt Erickson -> (12/17/2002 12:50:53 PM)

hey dave, yeah it is tried true update and it told me so...printing up the manual now:D looks like I gonna definetly have some fun with this one...you guys are definetly gonna put a serious dent in my wallet in the weeks months and years to come:rolleyes:....to say nothing of my ink cartridges:mad:

Marc von Martial -> (12/17/2002 6:16:16 PM)

[QUOTE]....to say nothing of my ink cartridges[/QUOTE]

Hey, you might want to try our DocCenter. We have an arrangement with Kinkos.

Little suggestions buy refill packs for your printer. They save you a fortune!

Maxfreeboard -> Great Game! (12/18/2002 3:03:52 AM)

I've already had more fun in the last 4 days with SUDG than I ever had with any of the MOO releases. :-)

Vern Shurtz -> Re: Great Game! (12/19/2002 4:32:36 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maxfreeboard
[B]I've already had more fun in the last 4 days with SUDG than I ever had with any of the MOO releases. :-) [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I am a big MoO2 and SEIV fan and I am getting tired of waiting for MoO3 to be released. I started searching for something new and ran accross this game. It's seems to be a pretty good game other then the fact that nobody in the Charlotte area is carrying the game and I wanted to relax this Christmas with some outstanding ship to ship combat. I have allways been a huge fan of big SciFi space battles. Hopefully this game will be added to my favorites list, if I can find a copy.... I'd hate to have too mail order at Christmas time.

Maxfreeboard -> Re: Re: Great Game! (12/19/2002 11:50:43 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vern Shurtz
[B]Well I am a big MoO2 and SEIV fan and I am getting tired of waiting for MoO3 to be released. I started searching for something new and ran accross this game. It's seems to be a pretty good game other then the fact that nobody in the Charlotte area is carrying the game and I wanted to relax this Christmas with some outstanding ship to ship combat. I have allways been a huge fan of big SciFi space battles. Hopefully this game will be added to my favorites list, if I can find a copy.... I'd hate to have too mail order at Christmas time. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ditto...I've been waiting for MoO3 and getting tired of the wait also. I too came across SUDG. I've been hungering for a new title in the 4E genre. You don't have big space battles per say in SUDG but that's one of the many things that I like about it. That helps prevent the opponent from just building massive amounts of ships and over running you. You do do battle across immense areas in space however. All the game reviews told me that I had to get it. I'm still getting an appreciation for the depth of SUDG.

Matt Erickson -> (12/20/2002 10:40:18 AM)

I posted about sudg over at gone gold.com asked what any anyone thought got a luke warm response hopefully the word will spread.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI