Planetary shield bombardment heavy mass driver (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room

Bennvdm -> Planetary shield bombardment heavy mass driver (9/13/2012 5:11:33 PM)

Hi. I know you cannot use standard nukes for bombardment of planetary shield planets, but will heavy mass driver perhaps work as also does bombard damage of 1m & bypass shields?

Anyone try this yet on Legends?

Will do so next time I run into planetary shields.

szabferi -> RE: Planetary shield bombardment heavy mass driver (9/13/2012 7:08:33 PM)

IMO bombardment in it's current form is completely useless and must be avoided. You just make your prize you are fighting for (the colony) completely useless if you bombard it. I would like to see the possibility to prioritize the bombardment's target (eg: population, army, infrastructure etc).

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Planetary shield bombardment heavy mass driver (9/13/2012 8:04:25 PM)

Actaully I find bombardment very usefull.I would say it's actually overpowered in its quickness to destroy an empires colonies.One does not need to occupy when you can exterminate quicker.

jseah -> RE: Planetary shield bombardment heavy mass driver (9/13/2012 9:51:14 PM)

I have found it useful to bombard hard targets at times. As a Boskara Hivemind (and hence being able to declare war willy nilly), I have occasionally just turned enemy homeworlds into smoking nuclear wasteland instead of wasting troops.

Sure, you lose a good planet, but there's tons out there. You can always terraform it back if you really want it.

Apheirox -> RE: Planetary shield bombardment heavy mass driver (9/14/2012 12:50:53 AM)

I don't believe there is any way to bombard a planet once it has a shield up (outside of planet destroyers).

Bombardment is very useful. Even if you reduce the size of your 'prize', it also makes it much easier to conquer. Trying to take over a homeworld planet with poor tech and weak economy early in the game is next to impossible. A little nuclear devastation does wonders then.

szabferi -> RE: Planetary shield bombardment heavy mass driver (9/14/2012 12:36:15 PM)

Hold on: so terraforming facility restores the planet quality after bombardment?

Bingeling -> RE: Planetary shield bombardment heavy mass driver (9/14/2012 1:31:11 PM)

I think it very well could.
I noticed the AI suggests to use them after disasters, so they probably restore to (or towards) original quality.

feelotraveller -> RE: Planetary shield bombardment heavy mass driver (9/14/2012 7:51:38 PM)

Planets will return to their original quality anyway but a terraforming facility significantly speeds up the process.

szabferi -> RE: Planetary shield bombardment heavy mass driver (9/14/2012 8:28:02 PM)

If I saw well, in case of natural disasters, the terraforming facility eliminates any reduction IMMEDIATELY (I had one disaster hitting my homeworld, so I was very upset, but I was not far away from the research of the necessary tech...)

feelotraveller -> RE: Planetary shield bombardment heavy mass driver (9/14/2012 8:32:16 PM)

Well that is 'significantly'. [:)]

Gareth_Bryne -> RE: Planetary shield bombardment heavy mass driver (9/15/2012 8:42:01 AM)

szabferi, that was probably a racial ability, not the terraformer

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI