Singleplayer Persistent Campaign (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Mods and Scenarios

Garnier -> Singleplayer Persistent Campaign (9/21/2012 4:28:41 PM)

The GCM mod, in addition to modding most aspects of the game, adding tons of map variants and random maps, and random scenarios, also has a singleplayer persistent campaign.

You choose your side and create a character, get a division of troops, and then fight a series of generated battles. Your casualties and experience carry over from battle to battle -- as does that of the AI armies, although you don't always fight with or against the same AI troops. The battles are not scripted or pre-planned, so you never know what is next or where the enemy (or sometimes even your own side) is when you get to a battle.

Click here for a complete guide with pictures.

[image]http://www.sow.philipmcg.com/gcm/tutorial/sp_campaign/5.png[/image]

[image]http://philipmcg.com/i/a89f2a0e7b294ee5816f8958b6dde2d6.png[/image]

Garnier

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Singleplayer Persistent Campaign (9/22/2012 8:44:45 AM)

Sorry - I just saw this after posting in the other thread. What else does your Mod change? My main items that I would like to fix in SoW are:

1. Screen resolution and unit image quality. Not great at 2560x1600 on my flat sceen.
2. Units not 'fitting in' to their covered positions (walls, fences, etc.)
3. The way units delay firing while 1-2 men run from one part of the line to another.

Has anyone fixed these points, or are they patched at all?

RebBugler -> RE: Singleplayer Persistent Campaign (9/22/2012 4:03:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Sorry - I just saw this after posting in the other thread. What else does your Mod change? My main items that I would like to fix in SoW are:

1. Screen resolution and unit image quality. Not great at 2560x1600 on my flat sceen.
2. Units not 'fitting in' to their covered positions (walls, fences, etc.)
3. The way units delay firing while 1-2 men run from one part of the line to another.

Has anyone fixed these points, or are they patched at all?

1) Might have to visit the SOW forum to clarify this as I'm happy with my 1028 setup.
2) This should not be a prob as it has been addressed to allow broad areas for the flag to align on. If you're referring to lining along said fences and such, that's not designed in yet...I wish it too, sure hurts the immersion as is.
3) Yep, an ugly. Until the Drills, formations are rewritten, just deal with it. Call it the Fog of War for now, as those scatter brained young recruits screw up everyone else in finding their positions.[X(]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Singleplayer Persistent Campaign (9/22/2012 9:36:23 PM)

This looks amazing - I will have to give it a try. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Singleplayer Persistent Campaign (9/22/2012 9:45:32 PM)

Downloaded it. When activated as a mod in the GBSW main menu, the graphics versions of the mod make a big difference to the game.

However, when I tried to start an SP Campaign it crashed the game. I will try to replicate.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Singleplayer Persistent Campaign (9/22/2012 9:45:51 PM)

1.5 patch and both expansions installed.

Garnier -> RE: Singleplayer Persistent Campaign (9/22/2012 10:36:52 PM)

When exactly does it crash?

Dozens of people have run successful campaigns so I know it can work. Are you sure you followed the picture tutorial exactly? :/

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Singleplayer Persistent Campaign (9/23/2012 9:28:37 AM)

As posted in another thread, it auto-updated when I ran it again and now it works great. About 3 updated files in the final auto-update - took about 10 seconds...

Superb mod work by the way.

blow56 -> RE: Singleplayer Persistent Campaign (10/2/2012 8:18:47 PM)

Nice mod(s) and I am enjoying the SPP campaign - but there is no cavalry. I realise I am commanding a division, but I have seen no AI cav on either side anywhere.

Garnier -> RE: Singleplayer Persistent Campaign (10/3/2012 3:31:23 AM)

Yes, there is no cavalry. I don't care for cavalry in the game, which is why I never added it to my MP mod -- and the singleplayer version is basically a copy of the MP version.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI