OT: Another of the WW2 Generation leaves (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

YankeeAirRat -> OT: Another of the WW2 Generation leaves (9/27/2012 9:36:32 AM)

A RN Submariner at the age of 102!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/military-obituaries/naval-obituaries/9561339/Commander-Bill-King.html

Empire101 -> RE: OT: Another of the WW2 Generation leaves (9/27/2012 10:35:15 AM)

Thanks for sharing.

Another hero gone.[:(]

Canoerebel -> RE: OT: Another of the WW2 Generation leaves (9/27/2012 2:36:47 PM)

Just thinkin' today about my 89-year-old dad, who is a WWII vet in great shape physically and mentally. In all likelihood, he's not going to be around too much longer, but when his time comes, I think it will be more a time of reflection for me as opposed to sadness (assuming I outlive him, which is certainly not guaranteed). It's not my dad and the men (and some women) that lived long and full lives that prompt sadness, but all those young men (and some women) whose lives were cut short in the jungles or forests or seas. So, sail on, march on, fly on, Greatest Generation!

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: OT: Another of the WW2 Generation leaves (9/28/2012 6:34:05 AM)

I noticed a game-related thing: William Donald Aelian King commanded Trusty (slot 4911) from Feb 41 to Jan 44 - but in the game Trusty arrives with "random leader" assigned. However, there is a RN Cdr "King, W.D.A." in the leader database (slot 17910) who becomes available on 05/01/44. Modders, fire-up the editor!

Edit: In the game, King is assigned to Telemachus (slot 4921)- if you put him on Trusty, you should assign a new or random leader to Telemachus.

R.I.P.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI