Late to the fight... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

MJenkins88 -> Late to the fight... (9/29/2012 3:12:00 AM)

Hi there... I'm not sure how I missed this game! But I did, and am just now discovering it. Fascinating stuff.

Gil R. -> RE: Late to the fight... (11/4/2012 1:45:02 PM)

It's never too late! (Well, if Apple utterly destroys Windows then it might be. But until then, it's not.)

jeffk3510 -> RE: Late to the fight... (1/7/2013 2:28:33 AM)

Of all of the CW games, I enjoy this one the most. It has a good mix of everything.

wadortch -> RE: Late to the fight... (1/8/2013 8:17:32 PM)

Hello

A friend and I have gotten into a PBEM game of FoF recently and are learning as we go. Now on Turn 30.

A question we both have which we have not seen addressed in the manual or appendices (we may have missed it!) is what, if any, the state of National Will (NW) has on the game. Be interested if anyone out there has discovered if there is any effect related to NW.

We are using instant combat in order to get through our learning game and a second question arises as to whether generals or weapons types figure into resolution of instant combat.

Thanks in advance to any who can help answer these questions.

Walt

Randomizer -> RE: Late to the fight... (1/8/2013 9:13:14 PM)

As I recall, NW provides Will To Fight modifiers in detailed combat. Since it is my understanding that all of the modifiers that are present in detailed combat also factor into instant combat, your PBEM should see armies with high NM fight longer and be more resistant to defeat than armies with low or negative NW.

NW can affect Governor attitude (see the v1.12.2 ReadMe.pdf that shipped with the patch).

NW can affect the April population increases.

I cannot remember at what NW level the benefits or liabilities start to accrue.

Hope this helps.

wadortch -> RE: Late to the fight... (1/8/2013 10:48:08 PM)

Thanks for this reply!

jimgmccarthy -> RE: Late to the fight... (3/14/2013 2:16:59 AM)

"whether generals or weapons types figure into resolution of instant combat"

From the manual: "Instantaneous combat uses the rules of quick combat" You can readily verify in the manual that Generals and weapons types affect quick combat.

wadortch -> RE: Late to the fight... (3/14/2013 2:28:21 AM)

Hello Jim

Thanks for your replies. This will keep us at improving weapons and worrying about generals!

Walt

Gilmer -> RE: Late to the fight... (3/29/2013 1:16:06 PM)

Yes. No matter the level, you always want your weapons to be up to date. Weapons have a "quick combat" modifier easily seen in its tool tip, iirc. So, I think the Whitby's QC modifier is 5 and a musket is usually a 1.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI