Torpedoes on bases (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jzardos -> Torpedoes on bases (10/1/2012 6:38:36 PM)

I notice my IJN Betties from a base with P/AF3 was not using torpedoes. My thought is that the base does not have a supply of torpedoes and thus can't arm the planes with them. What are the conditions that have to be met or do I have to do something manual to bring torpedoes to the base. There is a distinct between sub, plane, and ship torpedoes that need to be in stock?

Thanks.

fodder -> RE: Torpedoes on bases (10/1/2012 6:42:04 PM)

A twin engine bomber needs a level 4 airfield to operate fully. Also it would need to be in range of a HQ with torpedos.

Gridley380 -> RE: Torpedoes on bases (10/1/2012 6:43:10 PM)

You need an Air HQ (HQa unit type). The HQa must have torpedoes - there's a button to click in the TO&E.

IIRC there must be enough torps available to fly the full mission (i.e. if 8 planes are going to fly and only 6 torps are available NONE will get torps) but I'm not sure on that one.

koniu -> RE: Torpedoes on bases (10/1/2012 7:23:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

You need an Air HQ (HQa unit type). The HQa must have torpedoes - there's a button to click in the TO&E.

IIRC there must be enough torps available to fly the full mission (i.e. if 8 planes are going to fly and only 6 torps are available NONE will get torps) but I'm not sure on that one.

If you have 10 planes and only 8 torps it will result that 8 planes will use torps and last two will fly with bombs

koniu -> RE: Torpedoes on bases (10/1/2012 7:26:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fodder

A twin engine bomber needs a level 4 airfield to operate fully. Also it would need to be in range of a HQ with torpedos.

I think you will need to have HQa directly in base You are flying from.
At lest I have newer seen bombers flying with torpedoes if yo not have torpedoes in that base

I think someone need to confirm that for 100%

EDIT: I check that and it looks you have to be in range of HQ to use torps. Problem is only that most of Japanese HQ have command radius 1. So on Pacific with distance between bases practically you will have torps on that base only

Puhis -> RE: Torpedoes on bases (10/1/2012 7:54:32 PM)

Yes, torpedo bombers need HQ with torpedoes. They don't necessary need level 4 airfield, smaller airfields works fine as long as there's torpedoes available.

jmalter -> RE: Torpedoes on bases (10/1/2012 7:57:25 PM)

the air, sub & surface torps are supplied differently.

subs - reload from a port of adequate size, or from a smaller port w/ a loaded, disbanded AS tender. DDs & PTs are the same, but use AD & AGP tenders.

air groups can only get torps from an AirHQ, either same-hex or in cmd radius (the remote base must have adequate supply to draw torpedoes). purchase torps manually for the AirHQ, then click the show TO&E button, click on the yellow Torpedo Ordnance text to set the constant level. if Replacements are ON, the AirHQ will re-stock each turn, if supply is available. its torps will disappear if you load the AirHQ on a ship, or transport it by air. if the AirHQ is fragmented, none of the parts can stock torpedoes.

wadail -> RE: Torpedoes on bases (10/1/2012 8:31:56 PM)

For sub and float plane tenders I wish there was an "auto-load tender when empty" option. That would come in handy at forward bases like Wake Island.

Chris21wen -> RE: Torpedoes on bases (10/1/2012 11:15:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadail

For sub and float plane tenders I wish there was an "auto-load tender when empty" option. That would come in handy at forward bases like Wake Island.

If the base has enough supply they will keep themselves topped up with supplies. Don't know what that level is though.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI