Feedback on UV to Matrix Games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

sveint -> Feedback on UV to Matrix Games (12/14/2002 6:23:50 AM)

Hello,

As a long time lurker and an old timer in wargames I thought I'd post a few comments on UV. Hopefully some of this feedback will prove useful to Matrix Games.

1. Pilot "xyz" has confirmed kill "xyz". Please remove these messages (if I really want to know I'll look up my top pilots during my turn).
2. Aircraft "policies" would be a very valuable addition. For example, I would like to set a max range for any missions flown, and I'd like to set a flag for "don't fly during poor weather".
3. A "repeat mission" flag for task forces would be great.
4. I'd also like global default policies. For example I should be able to set all fighters to default to 12000 feet.

If you were able to implement some or all of these points it would greatly help against micromanagement.

In no way take this feedback as negative, I think it's a great game and am looking forward to War in the Pacific (as I prefer grand strategic games)!

Svein

David Heath -> (12/14/2002 7:25:27 AM)

Thanks

These are some very good ideas and will add them to our list of features for the future.

David

Lrfss -> (12/15/2002 12:22:02 AM)

Hi Guys:

Those indeed would be good idea's to implement in UV!

Later,

Lrfss

SViking -> Re: Feedback on UV to Matrix Games (12/15/2002 1:53:09 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sveint
[B]Hello,
2. Aircraft "policies" would be a very valuable addition. For example, I would like to set a max range for any missions flown, and I'd like to set a flag for "don't fly during poor weather".
[/B][/QUOTE]

As a part of the policies, how about the ability to set target preferences, e.g., CVs? :D

Haven't seen Matrix weigh in on this idea in another thread...how about it?

David Heath -> (12/15/2002 3:33:02 AM)

This is not currently in the plans but it is on the list.

David

SViking -> (12/15/2002 4:05:12 AM)

Good deal. Actually, I should restate my request...the real objective should be to deal with the strange decisions the TF commander makes regarding naval strikes. One option would be something along the lines of my suggestion above. I can imagine alot of variations on that, including making the option a restrictive one - defining targets the TF should not attack - as one person suggested. At the end of the day, I'd still like to see some option to prioritize naval targets. However, until the specifics are decided, a modification of the AI would be greatly appreciated, e.g., prioritizing for enemy carrier TFs.

Lrfss -> (12/15/2002 4:45:38 AM)

Hi Guys:

More good idea's and Ditto.....on that

Later,

Lrfss

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI