Allied sub required [Scen 1 Sept '42] (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted

Saros -> Allied sub required [Scen 1 Sept '42] (10/11/2012 3:35:39 AM)

I need a new Allied opponent for my scenario 1 game currently in mid September 1942.

The allied forces are in brilliant shape due to very cautious play by my old opponent (Kfsgo). I think the biggest ships the allies have lost is CA Australia and the two NZ CL's. Japanese expansion is basically the historical borders + Ceylon, Darwin, PM, Noumea and Fiji.
China is stalemated along the Changsha rail line and in the woods outside Sian and has been for some time.

There should also be some pretty healthy plane pools for the allies as air losses have been pretty light on both sides.
The allies are also starting to get some real toys like P-40K's , P-38 and B-17F's etc in decent numbers. It was also my first Japanese GC so my R&D is pretty crappy.

As for House rules the ones we were playing with were fairly standard.
-Sweeps/CAP 25k max.
-No strat bombing in China.
-Ground units pay PP's to move out of starting areas (Indian/Manchurian armies mostly.)
-Night bombing is 'harassment' only. No large scale strikes.

I should be good for turns most weekdays and most weekend days I can do 1 or more. A Euro/Australasian player would be ideal as I have found the American timezones don't mesh very well for flipping turns with me (NZ). However don't let this stop you from expressing interest.

PM me if you're interested.

Cheers

unsplittableatom -> RE: Allied sub required [Scen 1 Sept '42] (10/11/2012 8:16:00 AM)

PM Sent

Saros -> RE: Allied sub required [Scen 1 Sept '42] (11/21/2012 10:41:30 AM)

Didn't work out with atom so this is still open, any takers?

RogerJNeilson -> RE: Allied sub required [Scen 1 Sept '42] (11/21/2012 12:10:14 PM)

Pm sent.

Roger

Bill Durrant -> RE: Allied sub required [Scen 1 Sept '42] (11/21/2012 6:46:42 PM)

"Flashman and the Colombo Caper" ?

aga2008 -> RE: Allied sub required [Scen 1 Sept '42] (1/12/2013 2:17:34 PM)

request is still Open?

RogerJNeilson -> RE: Allied sub required [Scen 1 Sept '42] (1/12/2013 3:50:09 PM)

Well I have been playing the Allied side for a while now in this so I guess not.

Its an interesting experience to 'take over' a game - and try to think what the previous player was up to......

Roger

sanch -> RE: Allied sub required [Scen 1 Sept '42] (1/14/2013 5:08:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson 3
Its an interesting experience to 'take over' a game
Roger

It is indeed!

I picked up a PBEM as the Allies in mid-May 1942. As well as figuring out what your predecessor was up to, the largest unknown was my opponent's style of play. It took a solid couple weeks of game-play to begin to learn; and of course that learning was via the school of hard knocks.

RogerJNeilson -> RE: Allied sub required [Scen 1 Sept '42] (1/16/2013 7:27:59 AM)

Indeed its a very interesting challenge.... and can be quite painful in the early moves...

Roger

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI